Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Interesting...I have a friend from Cleveland too afraid to go downtown. I mean no wonder these rust-belt cities are dying...

LOL, that's because your friend is paranoid. I've been to Cleveland multiple times, they have a nice downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxParody View Post
Gays are more like to get hurt than blacks or whites in certain areas. Gays can only go in some places and thats it. Blacks can go everywhere but some places in the south and whites can go everywhere but a few ghettos. Gays only have their gayborhoods. Poor ****.
What are you talking about??? hahahaha.

Gays can go anywhere in this country. What do you think they wear shirts that say HELLO - I AM A GAY......

I'm gay, and I'm pretty sure I'm not confined to some "gayborhood". How would you know someone is gay unless it's the 10% of people who are extremely flamboyant? I don't think straight people realize there are about 50% of gay people who go through their normal lives without anyone except friends and family and who ever else they want to tell knowing they're gay. No one at work knows about it or when I'm in public - why would it matter? It has nothing to do with my job downtown.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:43 PM

58 posts, read 161,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Parts of LA can be dangerous for blacks when walking through Mexican gang terrirory too. It wasn't long ago that a Mexican gang (Avenues? 18th St?) were hunting blacks on the street at random in Los Angeles. Not sure if that's still going on.
that never happened, the news was showing ignorant bangers that heard la eMe greenlighted the BGF in prison so they took to some black people to try to look hard. the eMe and BGF thing didnt go very long in prison because once the prisons heard about it they made sure the two gangs were seperated in in nonviolent offenders and violent offenders pens so it was squashed pretty quick

Old 09-06-2009, 05:07 PM

433 posts, read 876,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Any black ghetto is going to be dangerous for whites to be walking around, but then again, those neighborhoods are just dangerous for anyone to include blacks. Places like Compton, East St. Louis, Brownsville Brooklyn, Dorchester/Roxbury in Boston, parts of DC, Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland and just about any big city in America. Parts of LA can be dangerous for blacks when walking through Mexican gang terrirory too. It wasn't long ago that a Mexican gang (Avenues? 18th St?) were hunting blacks on the street at random in Los Angeles. Not sure if that's still going on.

There are places in NYC like Howard Beach or Bensonhurst which aren't the safest place for blacks to be walking around. I'm sure there are places in the deep south that aren't all that safe for blacks either.
If you are familiar with Cleveland you know about Slavic Village which is a bad area near the South East side of Cleveland. The neighbor hood has plenty of white people. On the west side is even more white people in certain pockets with alot of hispanics as well. IMO I think that is has more to do with your comfort level and just growing up in a certain neighborhood and being comfortable. I am not saying that just because you are from a bad area that there is nothing to fear I am saying that it might not be on the front of your mind the way it would be for someone on the outside looking in.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM

433 posts, read 876,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
LOL, that's because your friend is paranoid. I've been to Cleveland multiple times, they have a nice downtown.
I hate to live in that dudes skin. Cleveland's downtown population booms during the day and the police present is obvious. Unless the guy plans on being out there at maybe around 3:00am in the morning he should be good.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:27 PM

6,078 posts, read 9,107,153 times
i'm with future trooper, if you are not being a dumb a**, you'll be more than happy.

I live in a small town outside Charleston WV. a good 90% of the people are white, but it isn't like there is hate. The state actually is a lil more diverse than some people give us due.

My home county---200,000 people, 75% white, 20% black, 5% everything else
and as friendly as can be

Old 09-06-2009, 06:56 PM

93,328 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
i'm with future trooper, if you are not being a dumb a**, you'll be more than happy.

I live in a small town outside Charleston WV. a good 90% of the people are white, but it isn't like there is hate. The state actually is a lil more diverse than some people give us due.

My home county---200,000 people, 75% white, 20% black, 5% everything else
and as friendly as can be
Here's the demos for Kanawha County: Kanawha County, West Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Northwest Missouri is very inhospitable to blacks. The Missouri River is sort of a de-facto segregation line. In metro Kansas City, there are virtually no blacks living north of the Missouri River. In towns north of the river, blacks will be made to feel very unwelcome. St. Joseph is OK, and Maryville has a lot of college students, but otherwise, if you're black, don't be seen in town after dark.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 AM

55 posts, read 210,850 times
There are places in Philly area where it's not recommended that whites go a particular place, or blacks go to a particular place, but it's highly unlikely that anything bad will come from simply passing through one of these racially charged areas. People here are exhausted from hate and fear and have largely rejected it.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:15 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Vidor,TX - Blacks beware.
That sound creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.