Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has your most ideal weather.
Atlanta 15 4.97%
Denver 22 7.28%
Houston 6 1.99%
Miami 24 7.95%
Minneapolis 28 9.27%
New Orleans 4 1.32%
New York 21 6.95%
St. Louis 7 2.32%
San Diego 115 38.08%
San Francisco 37 12.25%
Seattle 17 5.63%
Washington D.C. 6 1.99%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:54 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I sure wish we had 7 degree weather and two feet of snow for 3 months in a row."
Actually, I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 01:17 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,737 times
Don't you just love it though when you wake up on Christmas morning and see snow on the ground, rather than 75 degrees and sunny. Or in Autumn, when you have those stretches of 65-50 degrees, slight cloud cover, and consistent breeze every day for over a month.
I guarantee, ask people living in Florida how they like the weather their and I guarantee most of them would love some variation. Yes San Diego's weather is perfect... but only for a few weeks, because then it just gets old in my opinion.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:59 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Don't you just love it though when you wake up on Christmas morning and see snow on the ground, rather than 75 degrees and sunny. Or in Autumn, when you have those stretches of 65-50 degrees, slight cloud cover, and consistent breeze every day for over a month.
I guarantee, ask people living in Florida how they like the weather their and I guarantee most of them would love some variation. Yes San Diego's weather is perfect... but only for a few weeks, because then it just gets old in my opinion.
That's kind of how I feel about cold weather/colder seasons. It's nice for a little while for the novelty of it but the cold gets old too. I like being able to visit/drive to the cold and snow rather than live in it for months at a time.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:55 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Quote:
The thing about southern california that a lot of people don't realize is that it does snow there. A good storm will usually dump a 6 inched to a foot in the higher elevations in the mountains and usually less than 2 hours away from most population centers.

The view of a fresh snow on the mountains when viewed from one of the many ocean piers is incredible. Sure beats the grey winter blandness of the midwest.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:08 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
The view of a fresh snow on the mountains when viewed from one of the many ocean piers is incredible. Sure beats the grey winter blandness of the midwest.
That's one thing I like about winter here in San Diego. When I drive to work in Carlsbad I can see snowcapped San Bernardino Mountains and Mt San Antonio covered in snow over 100 miles away. Spring and summer are usually to hazy to see those mountains. The snow on those mountains looks so nice right now b/c of some storms we had last week. I really like the contrasting view of palm trees, ocean, and snow covered mountains.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:18 PM

893 posts, read 2,864,381 times
Denver. Yeah they have some absuredly cold weather once in a while. But I love how its really only cold when its going to snow.

20 inch snow storm one day, 65F the next. That's awesome.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:49 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
Denver. Yeah they have some absuredly cold weather once in a while. But I love how its really only cold when its going to snow.

The big snows usually come with the warmer cold temps. When it's really cold, there's usually little snow or almost none.

I like the craziness to an extent, but I wish the snow wouldn't melt so fast.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:32 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,260 times
Quote:
Don't you just love it though when you wake up on Christmas morning [and it's snowing]
If only that was the case, but for Christmas in the Mid-Atlantic (and for most of winter), we get blistering cold winds and every winter weather condition BUT snow! That, along with the afternoon thunderstorm laced springs, the humidity of summer that's expected in the deep south, the few WEEKS of mild and enjoyable fall-like weather, and the schizophrenic changes in temperature, the Mid-Atlantic "season pattern" isn't something I can tolerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post

That's what I'm talking about. IMO, if it isn't snowing, it might as well be between 60-80 degrees (80-100 with NO humidity would be fine as well).

Old 12-18-2009, 11:49 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
of these options, probably Denver. warm enough in the summer, sunny, but still gets snow. Minneapolis and NY for runners-up

Old 12-18-2009, 12:00 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
The thing about southern california that a lot of people don't realize is that it does snow there. A good storm will usually dump a 6 inched to a foot in the higher elevations in the mountains and usually less than 2 hours away from most population centers.

I see your point but I like experiencing the snow rather than just viewing it from a distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.