Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,675 times

Advertisements

Well, after living in Alberta for a year and a half I decided that I don't like the cold (-40C). I'm a Canadian American citizen who works in Pharmacy so I can literally live and work ANYWHERE in US or Canada.

Last summer I developed some sort of weird obsession with cities and places in the US and Canada and have also been comparing the two countries rigorously based on standards of living, costs of living, populations, climate, and public transportation. They are two countries which are very hard to choose between.

I'm currently situated in a small town just outside of Vancouver British Columbia, which is where I also grew up. Although I don't much like the cold, I've grown very fond of BC and the Pacific Northwest in general.. I've been to Seattle and Portland before and like them both. And of course, Vancouver is also a stunning city.

So far I've established that Seattle is right in the middle of Vancouver and Portland, it's just like BC, and I can jump over the border at any time for free health care, and there is no income tax in the state of Washington.

It sounds like I've made up my mind I know, but I haven't yet seen CALIFORNIA! If I say that I like fresh air, good public transit, and don't want to pay outrageous amounts for an apartment or house (400,000+), what city would you recommend on the west coast?

I'd like to know what you guys like too and what you think I'd like..

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by crazyphire; 04-13-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 04:34 AM

60 posts, read 274,058 times
I'm from Vancouver, BC and have lived in LA for 6.5 years...and now waiting for a position to open up in Portland, OR so I can get out of here!! I miss the city of Vancouver so much, but prefer living in the US. There's far too much to get into here, but if you want to send me a PM with questions, I can help you out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.