Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2006, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,624 times

Advertisements

I'd like to move to Ga in Jan 07. I heard Lithonia was a pretty decent area. How is the school system? What are some other areas not to far and not to close to Atlanta that are nice? Appreciate any suggestions and comments.

Last edited by nicsand; 08-18-2006 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: more questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2006, 06:55 PM

23 posts, read 120,688 times
Welllll...I don't know tooo much about Lithonia, it is close to the International Horse Park in Conyers (1996 Equine Olympic venue).

Since all my children have 4 legs I can't comment on schools.

Most people try to stay on the same side of town that they work on as traffic in metro ATL is as bad as LA and sometimes worse

Housing costs varey dramatically ...the farther out the more affordable...South of ATL tends to be more bang for the buck in the real estate department and if you travel alot it's closer to the airport.

It will depend on what you want to do in your leisure time also. Traffic here dictates so much of our lives. I've moved waaaaaaaaaaaay out in the country and am fortunate to be able to work out here but for a lot less than what I'd make in town. But the pay off was no traffic and I could keep my horse on my property.

Many try to negotiate flex hours if they have to work inside I285 a mega loop that goes all the way around what was once metro ATL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia