Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:54 PM

8 posts, read 25,719 times

Advertisements

How far are you willing to move from Gwinnette? Personally I would try to do Dunwoody. Nice area and safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,584 times
so I hear to go by the school distric?? like peachtree city, suwanee schools will be good areas to live

Old 06-05-2010, 07:29 PM

46 posts, read 221,199 times
Loganville is a great area. According to the FBI its in the top 20 of the safest city

Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 8,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellyejohnson View Post
I am relocating from California to Georgia within a month and have started hearing bad things about a city I was planning to move to. I am 21 and will be relocating with my mother and 10mo old daughter so I would like obviously a safe place to stay without any crime or "gang activity". What are the good/safe cities we should check out and what are the cities we should without a doubt stay away from in Gwinnett County?

ChellyeJ,

The Snellville area is very congested. Loads of traffic and crime has been on the upswing for awhile. I can't say there's no gang activity there. On the other hand, it's a really good place to shop. I'm familiar with the area and we do most of our shopping there.

Good luck in making a choice.

Best,

Linda

Old 06-10-2010, 10:49 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellyejohnson View Post
I am relocating from California to Georgia within a month and have started hearing bad things about a city I was planning to move to. I am 21 and will be relocating with my mother and 10mo old daughter so I would like obviously a safe place to stay without any crime or "gang activity". What are the good/safe cities we should check out and what are the cities we should without a doubt stay away from in Gwinnett County?

Just my opinion, but I would avoid Gwinnett. We initially put an offer on a house in Gwinnett and thank god the owner decided to play hardball and rejected it. We never put another bid and ended up moving to Forsyth County. I would highly recommend Forsyth. It might be boring as hell here, but that's good if you have kids. Very safe, mellow, and clean here. Gwinnett has far too much gang crap and other issues. And it seems to just spread within the county. Give it a few years and the nice areas will be worse. Look at Forsyth and Alpharetta. Or if it's not too much of a drive even consider Dawson county.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,213 times
After going back through the thread...I did forget about Suwanee though...That is a very nice area to live. It borders Forsyth, much of it is in Forsyth. Also worth considering.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:24 PM

6 posts, read 15,677 times
This is a little late but from the point of view of someone who has lived in multiple places around the US, I've got to say Gwinnett is my favorite. If you're going to live in the suburbs of Atlanta, Gwinnett is where you want to be. #1 school system in America, tons of shopping and restaurants, and great communities. This talk about gang violence and crime in Gwinnett... I mean what news are they watching?? And honestly yea there's traffic... welcome to Atlanta. I can drive from Dacula to Norcross in under 30 min. without a problem. The only real crime is in central Lawrenceville but you could walk in the worst neighborhood without worry. The nicest places to live are mostly along 85; Berkly Lakes, Duluth, Suwanee, Sugar Hill, Dacula, and Buford. There are other nice areas like Grayson and Archer (south Dacula). Yea most of Gwinnett is nice but if you want to be completely surrounded by "well to do" people... you want to live in North East Gwinnett from NE Suwanee to Dacula.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:51 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowTheBusiness View Post
This is a little late but from the point of view of someone who has lived in multiple places around the US, I've got to say Gwinnett is my favorite. If you're going to live in the suburbs of Atlanta, Gwinnett is where you want to be. #1 school system in America, tons of shopping and restaurants, and great communities. This talk about gang violence and crime in Gwinnett... I mean what news are they watching?? And honestly yea there's traffic... welcome to Atlanta. I can drive from Dacula to Norcross in under 30 min. without a problem. The only real crime is in central Lawrenceville but you could walk in the worst neighborhood without worry. The nicest places to live are mostly along 85; Berkly Lakes, Duluth, Suwanee, Sugar Hill, Dacula, and Buford. There are other nice areas like Grayson and Archer (south Dacula). Yea most of Gwinnett is nice but if you want to be completely surrounded by "well to do" people... you want to live in North East Gwinnett from NE Suwanee to Dacula.
#1 school system in America? While I know I've heard that the Gwinett school system is very good, it seems a little presumptuous to make such a sweeping claim.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,549 times
Gwinnett is hit or miss. There are areas I would live in for sure: Sugar Hill, Grayson, Duluth are some of my first choices without knowing much about Gwinnett County public schools which is the largest system by student population in Georgia.

This forum section is the Georgia section. Most anything about Gwinnett county is posted in the Atlanta area. So my advice for a new visitor here is to search over there for more details on Gwinnett.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
#1 school system in America? While I know I've heard that the Gwinett school system is very good, it seems a little presumptuous to make such a sweeping claim.
It's true. It was a pretty big news item back in October.

http://www.broadprize.org/asset/0-tb...%20release.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia