Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:42 PM

199 posts, read 627,516 times

Advertisements

if i were a police officer and i stopped you with tint that i could not see through, i would come out of my police car with my gun drawn!!! because you might have a weapon or someone that i could not see through the tint having a weapon. you make the decision!!! it is your call punk!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 AM

375 posts, read 1,380,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
based on the new law, they can write someone from FL just for passing through on I-75 with too dark tint, although I bet it never happens unless someone is a real jerk.
Well, they should. Limo tints are commonplace down there and not just on limos! Look at all the money the LEO's, counties and our State are missing out on. Just enforce the laws.

A similar incident occured in Texas, which changed its law on license plate holders. The State was ticketing all out of staters because they had obscured the plates with oversized frames and plastic over the plates - which blocks the view of the state name and/or expiration dates.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
Never been hassled in GA about tint. Especially on a truck/suv. You can have the back and rear windows painted black on a utility vehicle as far as anyone is concerned.

I am not completely current on that, but i last i checked tint was not a primary offense and requires another reason for a stop.

For a tint ticket to hold up in any court worth its name (sans little corrupt city/county 'courts' - and we have plenty of those), it must be metered. Cannot be given based on a visual estimate.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepayne View Post
if i were a police officer and i stopped you with tint that i could not see through, i would come out of my police car with my gun drawn!!! because you might have a weapon or someone that i could not see through the tint having a weapon. you make the decision!!! it is your call punk!!!!

Luckily people like you do not typically make the cut to be on the force

Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
Luckily people like you do not typically make the cut to be on the force
Yeah, we wouldn't want people with common sense who actually enforce the law to be on the force.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:40 PM

Yes, we dont want trigger happy paranoid egomaniacs on the force. You get to enjoy those up north

I have 2.5% in the back, 5% in the front. Guess how many times i've had a gun drawn on me. Even in states like VA

Old 09-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, we dont want trigger happy paranoid egomaniacs on the force. You get to enjoy those up north

I have 2.5% in the back, 5% in the front. Guess how many times i've had a gun drawn on me. Even in states like VA
Did you read what he wrote? If you have tint on your car (which by your admission you do) so dark that a cop cannot see who or what's inside, then he should treat you as if you are about to pull a gun and shoot him. That doesn't make him "paranoid" but rather safe and prudent. You want to act like a thug then you'll get treated that way.

You have essentially blacked out limo windows that no one can see inside, even in daylight. Not only is it illegal in just about every state, including Georgia, it's illegal for a reason. On top of that, unless you are running a limo company and have a legal exemption to do so, there is no reason that anyone needs 2.5% and 5% on their vehicle. Can you even see at night?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Did you read what he wrote? If you have tint on your car (which by your admission you do) so dark that a cop cannot see who or what's inside, then he should treat you as if you are about to pull a gun and shoot him. That doesn't make him "paranoid" but rather safe and prudent. You want to act like a thug then you'll get treated that way.

You have essentially blacked out limo windows that no one can see inside, even in daylight. Not only is it illegal in just about every state, including Georgia, it's illegal for a reason. On top of that, unless you are running a limo company and have a legal exemption to do so, there is no reason that anyone needs 2.5% and 5% on their vehicle. Can you even see at night?
I read what he wrote and its complete and utter nonsense spoken by someone who hasn't even been near police work, ever.

Any other concerns i should address for you today?

As much as I don't mind indulging into the intricate details, sometimes there is just nothing more that can be said when somebody's opening line involves "shooting, death, gun etc". It becomes a vague lost cause from the get go

I run specialized equipment in my vehicles that technically exempts me from any tickets on the issue of tint.

Tint keeps me safe. I actually replace it every 2 years to ensure it does not fog or shift color - that reduces visibility.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 AM

199 posts, read 627,516 times
but i watch cops a lot and i slept in a holiday inn express last night!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Any other concerns i should address for you today?
No thanks. I feel enlightened and informed now thanks to you.

Quote:
I run specialized equipment in my vehicles that technically exempts me from any tickets on the issue of tint.

Tint keeps me safe. I actually replace it every 2 years to ensure it does not fog or shift color - that reduces visibility.
Had you mentioned that in the first place, it might have helped. However, for the average person not covered by some kind of exemption, my comments stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia