Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 04:54 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Ha! Actually that would be "chaw" - snuff is something you sniff! LOL
Oh how little ye understand, maybe in Bammie you sniff but in the Virginia's my Granny (God rest her soul) and her sister (God rest her soul too) were big time Honest Scotch snuff dippers. They could knock a gnats ass off a leaf at 20 yards with a good snuff spit. Why chaw the backie when you can dip the gun powder

Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Oh how little ye understand, maybe in Bammie you sniff but in the Virginia's my Granny (God rest her soul) and her sister (God rest her soul too) were big time Honest Scotch snuff dippers. They could knock a gnats ass off a leaf at 20 yards with a good snuff spit. Why chaw the backie when you can dip the gun powder
Actually I just moved to Alabama! South Georgia born and bred! I actually had a brain fart, and do not know what I must have been thinking. (I think I had been reading a book on the French Renaissance, and when my brain heard the word "snuff" it automatically went to the variety that the "dandy's of that time" would sniff up their noses - actually wonderful collectible snuff boxes from that era are in great demand!") Anyhow - chalk it up to a brain fart please - as my "ex-inlaw aunt" always had some snuff going on!

Last edited by Katsmeeyow; 07-17-2009 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 07-18-2009, 03:24 PM

5 posts, read 12,645 times
People in Georgia are very conservative...and critical...you must think before you talk. Also, the pace of life is very laid back. Most if Georgia is very small town and not in a hurry...so it wouldn't make sense for everyone to be all keyed up, talking at 100mph.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:34 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia_angel View Post
People in Georgia are very conservative...and critical...you must think before you talk. Also, the pace of life is very laid back. Most if Georgia is very small town and not in a hurry...so it wouldn't make sense for everyone to be all keyed up, talking at 100mph.
Then I gether that you do not drink Georgia Sweet Tea as the high quantity and sugar allowance will cause 100 mph discussions
PS: I have had three glasses and typed this in 4.3 seconds

Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Ha! I read it in 1! As much strong sweet tea as I drink, I bet at times I sound like an auctioneer!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:21 PM

4 posts, read 11,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
But it isn't Italy1952.

What you said was insulting. AND that shoe surely fits.
Don't take it as an insult Well don't judge someone by their "USER'S NAME" on their personal coment!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:00 PM

<sigh> Just stop. Either apologize, or J U S T S T O P.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:13 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
Every region processes differently. In places like CA/NY/DC etc people are on the go constantly doing things so therefore the conversation has to be quick. You don't have time to take all day to talk or wait for a purchase to be rang at the register etc. because I have things to do. It's like move, move, move.......hurry up. Come on.

In regions where the pace isn't so fast you can slow down. People also feel uncomfortable because your speech indicates the movement and your speed. If your speed is more relaxed then I guess that's treatening for some people and they become "on guard" with their interaction with you because you are operating at a pace outside their confort zone.

Adjust to your present environment.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Every region processes differently. In places like CA/NY/DC etc people are on the go constantly doing things so therefore the conversation has to be quick. You don't have time to take all day to talk or wait for a purchase to be rang at the register etc. because I have things to do. It's like move, move, move.......hurry up. Come on.

In regions where the pace isn't so fast you can slow down. People also feel uncomfortable because your speech indicates the movement and your speed. If your speed is more relaxed then I guess that's treatening for some people and they become "on guard" with their interaction with you because you are operating at a pace outside their confort zone.

Adjust to your present environment.
This is wrong. "You don't have time to take all day, etc..." The problem isn't that other places are fast, it's that it's SLOW here. Go ahead and compare it to other parts of the world and you will see that people from the South talk slower than the rest of the world. Even my Russian friend asked me if all Americans are slow like in this place, then I had to explain to him that no, it's just this region.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 PM

B u l l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia