Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 01:29 PM

5,373 posts, read 5,177,196 times

Advertisements

The area is a mix of everyone, but I wouldn't call it a melting pot, the various ethnic groups kinda stick to themselves - they are too newly immigrated.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:41 PM

10,400 posts, read 11,569,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Soul Bro View Post
Buford, GA and Joliet, IL almost have identical racial make up/diversity.

Races in Joliet:
White Non-Hispanic (61.0%)
Hispanic (18.4%)
Black (18.2%)
Other race (9.0%)
Two or more races (2.1%)
American Indian (0.7%)

Races in Buford:
White Non-Hispanic (67.0%)
Hispanic (17.3%)
Black (13.3%)
Other race (7.6%)
Two or more races (1.8%)
American Indian (0.7%)

2 things I dont get though.

#1 - Why people automatically assume "diversity" means less racist (look at Los Angeles County black/hispanic conflict)

#2 - Why blacks worry about being "out of place" and needing to worry about racism when moving south, when your average southern city/town (big, medium, small or rural) usually has a higher % of blacks than the non-southern places you move from.
I know that this is a more than 12-year-old thread at this point in time.

But the statistics displayed in this 2010 comment raises the important point of how much the demographics of the City of Buford and the surrounding area have changed in the 12+ years since this comment was posted.

According to the stats that Southern Soul Bro posted, in 2010 the City of Buford proper was still a decidedly majority-white community, with non-Hispanic white residents making up 67% or two-thirds of the population of the City of Buford proper.

As of 2022, the City of Buford proper appears to be a ‘majority-minority’ jurisdiction, with the percentage of non-Hispanic white voters having dropped down to 49.2% of the population of the City of Buford proper, and with the percentage of racial and ethnic minorities as a whole increasing to 50.8% of the population of the City of Buford proper.

For the whole of Gwinnett County (where most of the City of Buford proper and the larger Buford 30518 and 30519 mailing area lies), the current 2022 demographic makeup is about 65-35 minority/white (64.6% minority, 35.4% non-Hispanic white, to be more exact).

So the demographics of the Buford community have REALLY shifted since this comment was posted in 2010.

Old 05-14-2024, 12:09 PM

1,385 posts, read 944,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford cowbiy View Post
I have no clue where you've got your information from but BUFORD? Being ONLY 30% white is a crazy statement haha or you just like making stuff up and lying to yourself. As an Asian living in Buford since the 90s not much has changed. Today The racial demographics of Buford, Georgia in 2024 are :
White: 57.75%
Two or more races: 17.64%
Black or African American: 12.47%
Other race: 7.68%
Asian: 4.09%
Native American: 0.37%
World Population Review
Buford, Georgia Population 2024
Buford Demographics According to the most recent ACS in 2024, the racial composition of Buford was: White: 57.75% Two or more races: 17.64% Black or African American: 12.47% Other race: 7.68% Asian: 4.09% Native American: 0.37% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0%
Other demographics of Buford include: 50% Hispanic, 3% American Indian or Alaska native, and 0% Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.

you must also understand that Buford is a very very small city and there's no more land to build homes 0or apartment anywhere. our population in the past 20 years only grew by 7k people. AND trust me majority of those are white family buyers. Only in recent years we have had blacks and Hispanics moving into RENTER APARTMENTS and RENTER homes. They're not buyers and they're not here to stay and live in Buford like the white homeowners. Buford has a larger population of whites then all other races put together. And those races again are just renters. There's also a lot of jobs, hotels, and entertainments, as well as restaurants here that thousands of people travel to come here and visit. Just because you went to Andretti's or a sea food restaurant on the weekend doesnt mean Buford is now black bc there was a certain group of ppl there. And living here for over 30 years of my life, my white father has been living here since birth in the 50s and his parents since the 30s and his grandparents since the early 1900s i can tell you i know everything about Buford, its a very racist city and everything here is white owned, from the mall, to the entire Exchange at Buford, the restaurants, the Walmart's, the schools, parks, and roads, the apartment your renting, and the neighborhoods being built, and all the empty land, the grocery stores, everything here was built by whites and they sure as hell aint planning on leaving. they're just using minorities to come to their businesses and spend their money as well as renting their apartments. anyways good luck to whatever delusion you're living in but Buford aint going to be ''diverse'' lol yall just renters and putting money into the Bufordians pockets. and when those trump and republican flags start popping up everywhere in 2024 don't be surprised and wondering why there isnt diversity. also, majority of Hispanics here are republican and the whites, its evry right wingged here. anyways tootles
https://data.census.gov/table/DECENN...NNIALPL2020.P2 2020 Census says
49% White
13.5% Black
6% Asian
27% Hispanic/Latino
4.5% Other

Old 05-15-2024, 08:52 AM

23,539 posts, read 44,225,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford cowbiy View Post
I have no clue where you've got your information from but BUFORD? Being ONLY 30% white is a crazy statement haha or you just like making stuff up and lying to yourself. As an Asian living in Buford since the 90s not much has changed. Today The racial demographics of Buford, Georgia in 2024 are :
White: 57.75%
Two or more races: 17.64%
Black or African American: 12.47%
Other race: 7.68%
Asian: 4.09%
Native American: 0.37%
World Population Review
Buford, Georgia Population 2024
Buford Demographics According to the most recent ACS in 2024, the racial composition of Buford was: White: 57.75% Two or more races: 17.64% Black or African American: 12.47% Other race: 7.68% Asian: 4.09% Native American: 0.37% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0%
Other demographics of Buford include: 50% Hispanic, 3% American Indian or Alaska native, and 0% Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.

you must also understand that Buford is a very very small city and there's no more land to build homes 0or apartment anywhere. our population in the past 20 years only grew by 7k people. AND trust me majority of those are white family buyers. Only in recent years we have had blacks and Hispanics moving into RENTER APARTMENTS and RENTER homes. They're not buyers and they're not here to stay and live in Buford like the white homeowners. Buford has a larger population of whites then all other races put together. And those races again are just renters. There's also a lot of jobs, hotels, and entertainments, as well as restaurants here that thousands of people travel to come here and visit. Just because you went to Andretti's or a sea food restaurant on the weekend doesnt mean Buford is now black bc there was a certain group of ppl there. And living here for over 30 years of my life, my white father has been living here since birth in the 50s and his parents since the 30s and his grandparents since the early 1900s i can tell you i know everything about Buford, its a very racist city and everything here is white owned, from the mall, to the entire Exchange at Buford, the restaurants, the Walmart's, the schools, parks, and roads, the apartment your renting, and the neighborhoods being built, and all the empty land, the grocery stores, everything here was built by whites and they sure as hell aint planning on leaving. they're just using minorities to come to their businesses and spend their money as well as renting their apartments. anyways good luck to whatever delusion you're living in but Buford aint going to be ''diverse'' lol yall just renters and putting money into the Bufordians pockets. and when those trump and republican flags start popping up everywhere in 2024 don't be surprised and wondering why there isnt diversity. also, majority of Hispanics here are republican and the whites, its evry right wingged here. anyways tootles
Born2Roll is one of the most informed and respected members of this forum. And you are...?

Old 05-15-2024, 09:13 AM

11,876 posts, read 8,117,254 times
Im pretty sure the OP has been corrected at this point and I have not read the topic at all, just the title.. but as someone who lived in Gwinnett for a considerable period of time. Buford and Suawanee are NOT racists. They obviously will lean a bit more conservative than your intown areas, but they are still genuinely inclusive hoods overall.

Edit: Im also realizing this topic was just revived from 2 years ago.

Old 05-16-2024, 05:21 AM

23,539 posts, read 44,225,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Edit: Im also realizing this topic was just revived from 2 years ago.
Which has served to set up an interesting dichotomy between 'old' and 'new' Buford/Suwanee.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

17,483 posts, read 22,237,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Let's keep in mind this is a 12 year old thread...
14 yrs old now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia