Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think a Grandparents sub-forum is a good idea?
yes 18 81.82%
no 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,016 times

Advertisements

I would love a grandparent forum. My first grandchild (grandson) is 18 days today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 04:06 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
A grandparents forum would allow for addressing issues from THAT perspective......which is considerably differant from the parents perspective.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
I would love a grandparent forum. My first grandchild (grandson) is 18 days today.
Congratulations, and Happy Birthday to your bundle of joy; Don't your heart just turn to jello when you look at them and hold them?
We have to get a grandparents forum.
My 3 year old is acting weird, like she has PMS; she told me and my son-n-law today that she didn't love us" LOL!!! out of the clear blue.....It hurt my feelings but I told her that I love her; she's starting to say some really hilarious things, and very blunt (she's talking smack"); We correct her and just look over her to keep from going into shock over some of the things she says, but she is still my "sweetie ballerina"

Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
It is a good time to bring the idea to the About the Forum, don't ya think? A direct to this thread might support the request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Congratulations, and Happy Birthday to your bundle of joy; Don't your heart just turn to jello when you look at them and hold them?
My 3 year old is acting weird, like she has PMS; she told me and my son-n-law today that she didn't love us" LOL!!! out of the clear blue.....It hurt my feelings but I told her that I love her; she's starting to say some really hilarious things, and very blunt (she's talking smack"); We correct her and just look over her to keep from going into shock over some of the things she says, but she is still my "sweetie ballerina"

Old 11-27-2007, 10:56 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,427,490 times
Quote:
I just thought that this would be a nice request; since grandparents for the most part are co-parenting and some have had to raise their grandchildren for whatever reason; I believe they could use some support and ideas. since we are aging and some of us are taking on the role of parenting while aging.
What do you think? should we have a forum or sub-forum?
That would be great!

Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
It is a good time to bring the idea to the About the Forum, don't ya think? A direct to this thread might support the request.
I thought this was the way to do it, Excusez-moi
I'm still learning; been here 3 months and darn i haven't read how to do this
NEGLIGENCE!!!!!:
Okay so what do I do??? what are the appropiate steps after I get to the About
Forum? What's a direct to this thread.?
Chime in anyone when you get a chance
Thanks So much

Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Thanking the Administrator for this subforum..

Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
Paula, congratulations on the new grandbaby..Your life will now take on a new meaning and you will learn a different kind of love..Most of all you will learn that grandchildren are a very special gift to us in old age to keep us young

Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Don't worry about little missy who is probaly the boss around thereShe has found a way to make Grandpa laugh even though she knows she has shocked him into it..I wish I had kept a pad and pencil in my pocket all the time to record the things kids that age sayAfter awhile she will find out that "smack" is ignored she will find something else to shock, amaze or humor you for attention

Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlaLogan View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I am one of those grandparents. Count on me to participate.

As for forum or sub-forum, please remember that grandparents raising grandkids are harried and exhausted. Make it the one that is easier to find.
Darla, here is your forum..Come on in and lets talk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents