Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,697 times

Advertisements

The reason I asked this question is because most people don't know that our current society is fear-based. So in a sense were being ruled by fear, don't believe me?

Turn on the local and evening news and tell me what you see, you'll hear more about robberies, murders, assaults, rapes etc than cooperation and community and the like. And its not always violence or the physical that put us in fear, its the mental that does the most damage (i.e. terror alerts, obesity, environmental conditions, education and its "rewards" etc.)

Which falls into the belief and ideology that "ignorance breeds fear" and yes as inhabitants of this society were ignorant to what most of the people in power actually do, even worse we don't know more than of the power players making all the big decisions. But I'm getting off subject....

Ruling with love, or at least in an understanding-based society, give us cooperation and no discretion rather than discrimination or decisions based on ignorance.... For instance on the news rather than celebrating a man's murder (Osama) who obviously may have followers in America and provoke their revenge because of his death, they could report the death and ask for Americans to not celebrate openly due to the sensitivity of the incident (I don't watch the news at all really so if they did said that, than ). Plus they only tell you so much [the news] so that just leads back to the ignorance statement I made earlier.

In a understanding/love based society there's no discrimination, your eyes will be more open to see how a fear based society such as this one is nothing more than a greedy one, to say the very least. Paying for water??? A repetitive payment for shelter??? Even though we have the knowledge and technology for a never ending supply of all our basic needs (food, water, shelter, energy etc.) Yet were all human, and some of us are treated less than for whatever reason...

I would rather be the man Ruling with Love than Fear anyday, because I would rather be ruled by love than fear anyday. Fear is ego-based, while love is heart/spiritual based...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 09:10 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
The reason I asked this question is because most people don't know that our current society is fear-based. So in a sense were being ruled by fear, don't believe me?

Turn on the local and evening news and tell me what you see, you'll hear more about robberies, murders, assaults, rapes etc than cooperation and community and the like. And its not always violence or the physical that put us in fear, its the mental that does the most damage (i.e. terror alerts, obesity, environmental conditions, education and its "rewards" etc.)

Which falls into the belief and ideology that "ignorance breeds fear" and yes as inhabitants of this society were ignorant to what most of the people in power actually do, even worse we don't know more than of the power players making all the big decisions. But I'm getting off subject....

Ruling with love, or at least in an understanding-based society, give us cooperation and no discretion rather than discrimination or decisions based on ignorance.... For instance on the news rather than celebrating a man's murder (Osama) who obviously may have followers in America and provoke their revenge because of his death, they could report the death and ask for Americans to not celebrate openly due to the sensitivity of the incident (I don't watch the news at all really so if they did said that, than ). Plus they only tell you so much [the news] so that just leads back to the ignorance statement I made earlier.

In a understanding/love based society there's no discrimination, your eyes will be more open to see how a fear based society such as this one is nothing more than a greedy one, to say the very least. Paying for water??? A repetitive payment for shelter??? Even though we have the knowledge and technology for a never ending supply of all our basic needs (food, water, shelter, energy etc.) Yet were all human, and some of us are treated less than for whatever reason...

I would rather be the man Ruling with Love than Fear anyday, because I would rather be ruled by love than fear anyday. Fear is ego-based, while love is heart/spiritual based...
But how would a person rule with love? If a person cannot love all of society, how would those that you do not love fare?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:51 AM

I'm speaking of love figuratively, meaning no spite for any person for any reason, just understanding every person period, having an open mind without discimination or ignorance, though ruling with love literally would be better, but that probably would be shooting for high hopes

Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
A combination of love and fear breeds respect.

If you just have to micro-manage and feel you have to ,beat them to work them, you are a management nightmare that is the failing of the management above you.

Love begets comfort and out of control organization. It loses the borderline workers that could go either way and generally pisses everyone else off. It is always perceived as special privelege for a select few and the poor performers will reveal themselves quickly and expect lattitude shown to others and be offended when it is not granted.

Management by love or fear will kill a business or at least keep it marginally profitable for a short time before it fails.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:28 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
I might have missed it but I don't think anyone mentioned this guy:

He wrote this:

Old 05-18-2011, 02:16 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
At my work place, the nurses who pay me a compliment, show some compassion for my being a lowly nursing assitant, I'll do cartwheels for them, go the extra mile.

Those that instill fear in me (if you don't do this or that I'm going to have you reported) get the least out of me. Which includes the Administrator who has this attitude: Do as I say, as I can replace you tomorrow.

I'm the biggest sucker for compliments, a teeny bit of love. Even if it be once a month. Nothing energizes me more, gets more productivity from me.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:13 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Age old question; complex answer

I personally would rule with love rather than fear easily but to each his own...
Fear will last longer, love will feel better.

You decide.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
Quote:

no we don't a house does not build itself and we still have not found a never ending viable source for energy

Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
no we don't a house does not build itself and we still have not found a never ending viable source for energy
Like I said we have the technology, skills, and resources to make a house and all of our other basic needs. Look at Tenochtitlan and their sources that they used. So yea we do have the resources....

Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 AM

Fear can only last for so long, go through all of history and look at the rulers who are known or was revered for using or pushing fear unto their people and look at how they fell from "grace"... Just saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates