Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 04:53 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,545,770 times

Advertisements

I think people need to stop adding racial elements to everything.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Here we have a situation where u have certain blacks looking to create a racism controversy where no racism even exists.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,046,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphiSucks View Post
when he knows that young black men cannot afford to act the way he did without drawing negative labels and criticism?
Hey, he was probably just working under the delusion that we had gotten past that.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:43 PM

392 posts, read 352,316 times
THUG THUG THUG.....kind of sounds like a cave man who steps heavily on the ground as their knuckles drag. This whole idea of saying that THUG is the new N word is absurd....why are we even talking about it? The more racism is mentioned the more life we give to the damned thing. Most people in the modern world who have an ounce of intelligence are well past that stupidity of racism....WHY for heavens sake do we insist on keeping this stupid mindset alive?

Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Nonsense. The only people who make excuses for criminal behavior are liberals. They blame it all on social class and economics. Blacks tend to embrace thugs as victims of circumstance and lack of opportunities. Other races, not so much.
I thank you for your ignorant input to prove my point. Please explain to us all what "criminal behavior" did Sherman do in order for him to deserve the label as a thug? Judging from you assinine response, all that you did was confirm that some people will openly declare that blacks pretty much own the the description of thug, unlike "other races"

Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Sorry. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

I couldn't care less what anyone called him. People slam athletes, actors, writers, politicians (anyone in the public eye) on a daily basis. White, black, latino, asian, whatever. His behavior was low class. Maybe thug is a synonym for "low class" these days. Seems as plausible as trying to make it a substitute for the N word, which, strangely, seems to still be quite prominent in black speech.

I thought his behavior was outrageous. Here he is -- a bighly compensated athlete, on national TV. Public Relations 101.

Frankly, I thought it looked like "roid rage" -- so if I had been the anchorperson, I would have turned to the camera and said --oh my goodness. Looks like someone is out of control. Are we doing regular drug tests in the locker room?

So that is what I would have said. And it wouldn't have mattered a twit to me what his color was--it was his behavior that would have made me question the possibility that he was using steroids.

why are people so vested in taking the focus off Sherman's behavior and somehow twisting any dismay and disgust at how he acted into something racist???
So again I ask why should he be labeled as a thug? The worst that he might of done was been overly expressive in his win and first Superbowl trip and made some tightbutts uncomfortable. I have not heard Charlie Sheen or Beiber labeled as a thug eventhough they have shown thuglike behavior. So why is that?

Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Kind of random, but I think some people are simply jealous of this guy. He is doing what he loves for a living, in a profession that is literally worshipped in this country. Professional football. He is smart, wealthy, confident, and knows he is the best at what he does, and tells the world that he is. He said he was the best literally after his team won a trip to the Superbowl. I have never even heard of this guy until now, but if he says he is the best, then he is the best. Also, cockiness and athletes just go hand in hand. Trash talk goes hand in hand, especially when the guys are still on the field. The 'thug' comment was uneccesary and reeks of jealousy and envy.
Who called him a "thug" anyway, some random guy on twitter? Is that what all of this is all about?

Honestly, this whole thing just came off a media fodder to drum up some controversy for the superbowl.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Who called him a "thug" anyway, some random guy on twitter? Is that what all of this is all about?

Honestly, this whole thing just came off a media fodder to drum up some controversy for the superbowl.
I thought that it was a couple of idoits on Faux that made a big issue to scare up more viewers

Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
I think people need to stop adding racial elements to everything.
I ride the public bus to work, with the majority of the riders usually black, and all I hear on that bus, at night, is the n-word tossed about, amongst themselves. Of course, it's said humorously, and dare I use that word with them, even humorously, as I'd be tossed off the bus or beaten to a pulp!

So how about their own people stop using the n-word!!!

If you're really clever, and it serves your desires, then use whatever synonym that does the job.

I get around criticizing Jews by merely calling them Virgo's or Capricorn's. Same thing!

Old 01-27-2014, 11:52 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I thank you for your ignorant input to prove my point. Please explain to us all what "criminal behavior" did Sherman do in order for him to deserve the label as a thug? Judging from you assinine response, all that you did was confirm that some people will openly declare that blacks pretty much own the the description of thug, unlike "other races"
I'm flattered that you think something I said could "prove" your point. As if something as moronic as what you said could actually be proven or validated empirically. It makes me feel like a miracle worker!

No, you made a racist comment yourself. Defend it, or back off. You're an over-emotional jerk, but that doesn't make me ignorant. As far as "explaining" anything about Sherman, I don't need to. I never said anything about Sherman being a thug. Why don't you respond to what I SAID, instead of redirecting to some other fantasy issue you want to rant about.

Last edited by Led Zeppelin; 01-28-2014 at 12:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates