Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:40 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
My wife is a teacher. It is mandatory for all district employees to provide evidence of their immunizations. They must be current, complete or no job. Period. Same for health department and clinic employees, hospital staff, most private physicians etc.

No immunizations- no job. Sorry.

I was in the military. Guess what? Immunization records required AND you got shots again. Lot's of them. Back when I was in- flu shot was mandatory. I was a combat medic, and when I got TDY stationed at Walter Reed, guess what? More immunizations. It's a condition of the job.
I worked in public schools in both New York and Florida. No, school staff did NOT have to show their vaccination records. In fact, in both states all new employees were required to take that OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens Course, and a re-certification every year. Hep. B vax was OFFERED to school staff, but they had the right to refuse it and just NO was sufficient reason. That was not a condition of employment, or firing. Yet school children MUST be vaccinated for Hep. B to be in public schools?

I think you do not understand the difference between recommendations and requirements. The NEA has issued a staetment (look it up) that they do not support MANDATORY vaccinations for their members. NONE of the National Unions support mandatory vaccinations for their adult staff members.

There is no state in this country, including California (Day Care) currently which mandates K-12 vaccinations on public school, let alone private or religious, staff members. There are no requirements to give a reason, or get an exemption either. Flat out NO is sufficient for adults.

Maybe you would like this, or think it is on it's way to happening, but you will have a fight on your hands, being fought with adults and their UNION backing.

So you were in the Military and got every vaccination required under the sun, and were fine? Well, my daughter was given those same MANDATORY vaccinations in the Military, and wasn't fine. She spent her entire boot camp time in the infirmary on an IV. Severe vomiting and diahrea. Military doctors thought it was an allergic reaction to something. Not "stomach flu". Sent her home to be tested. Red Meat Allergy. She was given an INVOLUNTARY Medical Discharge for that. Many of those vaccines you received in the Military contain bovine, calf, and monkey serums. What would that do to someone with a rare, undiagnosed red meat allergy? About the same for those with an egg allergy, getting a flu shot grown in an egg culture.

The problem is that people WILL have severe reactions to both "safe" vaccines, and "safe" medications. It is not one size fits all. You cannot tell a person that they cannot decide their own personal (unknown) risk for the greater good of society. Individuals must be able to freely access their own risk and make the choice for themselves.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:59 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Actually, before trashing "anti vaxxers". Google polio outbreak. Apparently, there is one going on. But 2 years ago I read an article in Scientific American (?) on polio vaccines. Which were THEN causing polio return in GB. Reason being, dead polio virus, introduced into human body, then was secreted out with feces, gone into rivers and land, eaten by animals and returned back to humans with food, in now active stage.
What I shall say next is one of the conspiracy things. But I've heard that there are two types of vaccines. One for Elite and one for the crowd. With the second one aimed at population reduction, either in a human life or in generations, causing genetic mutations that are transferred down the blood lines.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:10 PM

19,771 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I worked in public schools in both New York and Florida. No, school staff did NOT have to show their vaccination records. In fact, in both states all new employees were required to take that OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens Course, and a re-certification every year. Hep. B vax was OFFERED to school staff, but they had the right to refuse it and just NO was sufficient reason. That was not a condition of employment, or firing. Yet school children MUST be vaccinated for Hep. B to be in public schools?

I think you do not understand the difference between recommendations and requirements. The NEA has issued a staetment (look it up) that they do not support MANDATORY vaccinations for their members. NONE of the National Unions support mandatory vaccinations for their adult staff members.

There is no state in this country, including California (Day Care) currently which mandates K-12 vaccinations on public school, let alone private or religious, staff members. There are no requirements to give a reason, or get an exemption either. Flat out NO is sufficient for adults.

Maybe you would like this, or think it is on it's way to happening, but you will have a fight on your hands, being fought with adults and their UNION backing.

So you were in the Military and got every vaccination required under the sun, and were fine? Well, my daughter was given those same MANDATORY vaccinations in the Military, and wasn't fine. She spent her entire boot camp time in the infirmary on an IV. Severe vomiting and diahrea. Military doctors thought it was an allergic reaction to something. Not "stomach flu". Sent her home to be tested. Red Meat Allergy. She was given an INVOLUNTARY Medical Discharge for that. Many of those vaccines you received in the Military contain bovine, calf, and monkey serums. What would that do to someone with a rare, undiagnosed red meat allergy? About the same for those with an egg allergy, getting a flu shot grown in an egg culture.

The problem is that people WILL have severe reactions to both "safe" vaccines, and "safe" medications. It is not one size fits all. You cannot tell a person that they cannot decide their own personal (unknown) risk for the greater good of society. Individuals must be able to freely access their own risk and make the choice for themselves.

No matter- a lot of places are or will be mandatory, and the 'exemption' list will be harder to get on.

Sure some people will be allergic to something, I'm allergic to penicillin and I found out the hard way. I had a cool red dog tag to warn medical personnel of that. I too got 'sick' after my round of military inoculations. I spent a week in bed and almost got recycled through boot camp. That doesn't mean I should be exempt from it. Who knows what will happen to that one out of 1,000 or 5,000.. But I do know having an entire unit come down with whooping cough is kinda bad for a fighting force..

I find it comical to think that a public employee, paid by public funds, finds it okay to place the public at risk for such a benign procedure that's ultimately a proven benefit to society. Irony...

Last edited by Threerun; 09-11-2015 at 02:31 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 02:13 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,809,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Actually, before trashing "anti vaxxers". Google polio outbreak. Apparently, there is one going on. But 2 years ago I read an article in Scientific American (?) on polio vaccines. Which were THEN causing polio return in GB. Reason being, dead polio virus, introduced into human body, then was secreted out with feces, gone into rivers and land, eaten by animals and returned back to humans with food, in now active stage.
What I shall say next is one of the conspiracy things. But I've heard that there are two types of vaccines. One for Elite and one for the crowd. With the second one aimed at population reduction, either in a human life or in generations, causing genetic mutations that are transferred down the blood lines.
That is ONLY, I repeat ONLY the oral polio vaccine which is no longer used in the US.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No matter- a lot of places are or will be mandatory, and the 'exemption' list will be harder to get on.

Sure some people will be allergic to something, I'm allergic to penicillin and I found out the hard way. I had a cool red dog tag to warn medical personnel of that. I too got 'sick' after my round of military inoculations. I spent a week in bed and almost got recycled through boot camp. That doesn't mean I should be exempt from it. Who knows what will happen to that one out of 1,000 or 5,000.. But I do know having an entire unit come down with whooping cough is kinda bad for a fighting force..

I find it comical to think that a public employee, paid by public funds, finds it okay to place the public at risk for such a benign procedure that's ultimately a proven benefit to society. Irony...
Not a public employee any longer. Unless you decide to cancel my Social Security for refusing vaccinations. So, should you be forced to get a penicillin shot for the greater good? My Dad had that dog tag in WW2 listing his allergy to it, but that did not help when he got a blood transfusion 50 years later containing penicillin and went into cardiac arrest. That is not a minor allergic reaction with just bed rest. On his chart but they do not check the blood donor supply for certain antibiotics. Can you see the problem? The same can be true for vaccines, as with my daughter with her red meat allergy, and MANY vaccines containing red meat problems. A week in bed is nothing compared to dehydration on an IV, or cardiac arrest.

She would have to not only tell her doctors about her allergy, the doctor would have to look at the ingredients in every single vaccination. Yes, egg allergy is well know, but is red meat allergy or red meat ingredients in vaccines well know?

Again, unless you KNOW you have a certain allergy, you can suffer severe reactions to not only vaccinations, but ALL scripts as well. Why you cannot mandate this. Why should one person suffer a severe reaction JUST to keep others safe? You have the right to protect yourself over others. If you see a person drowning, and you cannot swim., are you under an obligation to save THE OTHER PERSON? That would be totally stupid. You would have TWO dead people. Is one life worth more than another? No.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Not a public employee any longer. Unless you decide to cancel my Social Security for refusing vaccinations. So, should you be forced to get a penicillin shot for the greater good? My Dad had that dog tag in WW2 listing his allergy to it, but that did not help when he got a blood transfusion 50 years later containing penicillin and went into cardiac arrest. That is not a minor allergic reaction with just bed rest. On his chart but they do not check the blood donor supply for certain antibiotics. Can you see the problem? The same can be true for vaccines, as with my daughter with her red meat allergy, and MANY vaccines containing red meat problems. A week in bed is nothing compared to dehydration on an IV, or cardiac arrest.

She would have to not only tell her doctors about her allergy, the doctor would have to look at the ingredients in every single vaccination. Yes, egg allergy is well know, but is red meat allergy or red meat ingredients in vaccines well know?

Again, unless you KNOW you have a certain allergy, you can suffer severe reactions to not only vaccinations, but ALL scripts as well. Why you cannot mandate this. Why should one person suffer a severe reaction JUST to keep others safe? You have the right to protect yourself over others. If you see a person drowning, and you cannot swim., are you under an obligation to save THE OTHER PERSON? That would be totally stupid. You would have TWO dead people. Is one life worth more than another? No.
If you choose to avoid vaccinations, or choose to have your child exempted- what right DO YOU HAVE to impose on the 95% that do heed public health safety? It's a two way street. You can't have it your way.. If you choose to live in your world- that's your choice. You're assuming herd immunity will protect you, when in fact you and your ilk are increasing the risk of an epidemic in the world I chose to live in- the one where we consider public safety as well as our own.

Allergies can be mild or severe- and in the case of a transfusion, depending on the circumstance, the benefit OF the transfusion outweighs the potential reaction FROM the transfusion. I guess if you want to refuse ALL medical care, urgent included, until the med or procedure is concluded 'safe from allergen' for your case- make sure you where a big badge that states that, and include a hold harmless for the medical personnel entrusted to your care.

Furthermore if I see someone drowning the proper protocol is Reach, Throw, Row, Go. Reach the victim with a stick, oar or pole from shore, Throw a rope or life ring, Row or use a vessel and last.. LAST is Go or swim. In any event- YES, it is my duty to attempt rescue because I am a qualified, trained first responder.

This lady says exactly what I think- http://www.businessinsider.com/vacci...vaxxers-2015-2

And it's happening. Yay!!- http://motherboard.vice.com/read/cal...r-vaccinations

Last edited by Threerun; 09-11-2015 at 03:28 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There are two polio vaccines, a live virus oral vaccine and an inactivated injected vaccine.

The oral vaccine is used in areas where wild polio virus is still circulating because it is more effective in controlling transmission of the virus, which is transmitted by the fecal to oral route, and because it is easier to use in third world countries because it does not require needles and syringes. Anyone can administer it. The oral vaccine can rarely cause polio because it does contain live virus, not dead as you describe.

Once polio is controlled in a geographic region, the inactivated injected vaccine is used, and that is the only vaccine used in the US and most of the world. It cannot cause polio.

The presence of vaccine derived polio is not a new problem. As the eradication process against polio moves forward, WHO is already preparing to phase out the use of the oral vaccine altogether. Meanwhile, most of the world does not have to worry about vaccine derived polio because you cannot get it from the shot.

Once wild polio is totally eradicated worldwide we can stop vaccinating against it altogether.

There is no conspiracy to commit genocide with polio vaccine.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:34 AM

[quote=Threerun;41168359]If you choose to avoid vaccinations, or choose to have your child exempted- what right DO YOU HAVE to impose on the 95% that do heed public health safety? It's a two way street. You can't have it your way.. If you choose to live in your world- that's your choice. You're assuming herd immunity will protect you, when in fact you and your ilk are increasing the risk of an epidemic in the world I chose to live in- the one where we consider public safety as well as our own.

Allergies can be mild or severe- and in the case of a transfusion, depending on the circumstance, the benefit OF the transfusion outweighs the potential reaction FROM the transfusion. I guess if you want to refuse ALL medical care, urgent included, until the med or procedure is concluded 'safe from allergen' for your case- make sure you where a big badge that states that, and include a hold harmless for the medical personnel entrusted to your care.

Furthermore if I see someone drowning the proper protocol is Reach, Throw, Row, Go. Reach the victim with a stick, oar or pole from shore, Throw a rope or life ring, Row or use a vessel and last.. LAST is Go or swim. In any event- YES, it is my duty to attempt rescue because I am a qualified, trained first responder.

This lady says exactly what I think- Vaccinations and kids in school - Business Insider

And it's happening. Yay!!- California Is About to Ban 'Personal Belief' Exemptions for Vaccinations | Motherboard[/QUOT

Excuse me? If 95% of the population (men, women, and children?) ARE getting vaccinations, isn't that the ideal percentage for your Herd Immunity? lol Won't those who cannot be, or won't, get vaccinated be protected by the Herd Immunity?

What do you want? 100% vaccinated? That would be impossible, even just for health reasons.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Excuse me? If 95% of the population (men, women, and children?) ARE getting vaccinations, isn't that the ideal percentage for your Herd Immunity? lol Won't those who cannot be, or won't, get vaccinated be protected by the Herd Immunity?

What do you want? 100% vaccinated? That would be impossible, even just for health reasons.
Ya know- you are right.

Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (4+ doses DTP, DT, or DTaP): 83%
Polio (3+ doses): 93%
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (1+ doses): 92%
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) (primary series + booster dose): 82%
Hepatitis B (Hep B) (3+ doses): 91%
Chickenpox (Varicella) (1+ doses): 91%
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) (4+doses): 82%

FastStats - Immunization

It's below the ideal threshold mainly due to conspiracy filled hysteric morons who throw public safety under the bus due to some irrational phobia that inoculations cause everything from autism to diaper rash.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:26 PM

I went today into Walmart to get only one last minute grocery item. Right at the entrance before you got inside the store, there was a big sign FLU SHOTS right here today. A table was set up with brochures on it, and two nurses there. Damn, you could not even get inside the store before they were accosting you. Don't wait until they pass the Pharmacy?

Have you had your flu shot yet, they were saying to everyone walking through the doors. People were just ignoring them and not even answering. What no Shingles or Pneumonia shots too like Publix? Better, get on the ball there. lol

Other People's Flu Vaccines Help Shield Seniors, Too: Study - US News

The 19-64 Flu shot rate is well below 50%. How to increase that and sell more product? Lay a guilt trip on people, and pit one group against another to sell your product; pro-vax against anti-vax, and even family member against family member. Big Bad Wolf Granny who isn't isn't her whooping cough vax and going to kill your baby. Bad, bad adult children who are going to kill Granny if they don't get their flu shots. I wonder if the flu manufacturers have a commercial similar to the Big Bad Wolf for adult children? Maybe they can replay the one with throwing Granny off the cliff?

We really must be a Nation of brain dead sheep if any adult cannot see what they are doing in an attempt to sell more product. We do not want to tolerate bullying among children, but it is perfectly fine to promote bullying among adults? Hello? If children see the adults around them doing this, they will TOO.

I raised my own children right. I RESPECT them, even when I disagree with their decisions. I would no more demand that they get a flu shot to protect ME, than they would demand that I get a whooping cough shot to protect their children.

Oh, it goes beyond vaccinations. Now we have articles about obesity saying if your friends are fat, YOU will be fat. BULLY your fat friends or you will catch their obsesity? There is a thread right here on CDC about shaming others for their weight. If medicine cannot achieve their particular agenda for whatever, the general public must police it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates