Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 08:44 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I have a dear friend whose 2 month old son nearly died from Whooping Cough. He was not yet old enough to get vaccinated. He spent 6 weeks in the NICU but managed to pull through. I can't even begin to describe the hell that was.

The CDC traced his infection to a five year old boy whose parents apparently thought he was too much of a special little snowflake to be vaccinated. No medical reason for him to not be vaccinated. I absolutely wish my friend could sue the every loving you-know-what out of his entitled, idiot parents. But they can't. They aren't held accountable at all.

Where was the two month old baby exposed? Where did the five year old boy catch whooping cough and from who?

Old 04-14-2016, 10:00 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,798,899 times
Quote:
I agree that advances in science have greatly improved our lives. But I think there can be too much of a good thing. Using science to improve health is one thing. Using it to make foods with a 3-year shelf life or to make a tomato that grows with the pesticide already in it (and subsequently killing all the bees) is another thing entirely. Science is now used by companies to make money without much regard to the possible long term effects.

Then it should be a debate about the misuse of science itself....not an outright denial of the facts. I agree there are industries and individuals that misuse it to their gain, but this does not negate the validity of a discovery or study.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:06 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
It's good to question, but it's very bad to evade. Vaccination needs to be followed religiously, until such time as there is actual proof that it isn't the best vaccine available. People who reject it are traitors in the war against diseases. They have no idea of our history of fighting that war, generation after generation. Millions of people have died, and we spit on their graves by refusing whatever defenses we've managed to develop since then.

Because there are so many vile traitors, I'm in favor of making it a legal requirement for everyone to get vaccinated. The penalties for evading it should be severe.
No, they are not traitors, they are genuinely concerned....and yes, they do have an idea about fighting the diseases war...however, to be this angry, and this hateful...that you would talk like this, reveals to me, that there is no room in your soul for error....
It is not good or healthy to be so....

just b/c you think its right, doesn't make others wrong for questioning it....

Old 04-15-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
I agree. I bet 90% of people killed in car accidents ate chicken within a week of their death. But that doesn't mean that eating chicken causes car accidents.

While I agree that there is an environmental factor contributing to the increase in autism, I think it's definitely NOT vaccines. They have been studied for a link ad nauseum. Move on to looking for other causes. The same age they get these vaccines are also the same age they start doing 100 other things like drinking real milk.

People argue that countries that don't vaccinate don't have the rates of autism that we do. But guess what? The people living in those areas also aren't exposed to arsenic in apple juice, plastic, chemicals added to the water supply, lead pipes, etc. Same goes for the argument that, "We didn't have these levels of autism decades ago." No kidding, Einstein. We also weren't exposed to nearly as many chemical food additives, GMOs, etc. back then.

I agree that it has to be something, but we've research vaccines and ruled that out. Now start researching the 10,000 other things it could be.
you say years ago, we were not exposed to chemicals in food, so you are admitting that chemicals are a problem....
Vaccines are compounds of chemicals and other substances....

again, I'm not against vaccines, but it isn't wise to feel as though they are full proof...what is good for one, may not be good for another and yes, babies have died after getting their shots....so?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:39 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,337,447 times
Are we not vaccinated so that we can not catch what ever it is that we would have caught? So if my kids are all vaccinated and your kid is not vaccinated, how will my kids get what ever it is that your kid may have? Does the vaccine only work when the disease is carried around by pets or bats, or rabid dogs? From what I can tell, if my kid is vaccinated and your kid is not, then I should not have to worry too much if my vaccinated kid is running around with your non vaccinated kid.

If there is some kind of concern that my kid will get what ever your kid has then maybe we need to go after the companies that made the vaccination because it must not work that well if my kid can still catch what ever it is that your kid has.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:44 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,541,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Has any law been established regarding non-vaccinated children who become the center of an epidemic?

If polio, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, etc begin to claim lives again, can the parents of the children who began spreading the disease be held liable to pay financial restitution to the families of those they made ill?

I haven't paid much attention to this anti-vaxxing phenomenon until a couple days ago Robert Deniro mentioned that his wife noticed their child develop autistic symptoms overnight after receiving a vaccine with mercury as a basic ingredient in it.

Robert Deniro is a fairly level-headed man.

Perhaps some children in very rare cases really are developing autism after vaccination.

As for my kids, they've all been 100% vaccinated with no problems. I'm pro-vaccination.

If indeed some children are developing autism over this, I hate to say it but isn't it better to have a rare child here & there with autism than an epidemic outbreak of horribly crippling, deadly diseases?
The bottom line is that, yes, parents who knowingly ignore the vaccinations and thus allow their children to spread disease are legally liable. Tort law clearly supports such theories.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Zelpha

If indeed some children are developing autism over this, I hate to say it but isn't it better to have a rare child here & there with autism than an epidemic outbreak of horribly crippling, deadly diseases?
well, the logical answer would be yes, unless of course it's YOUR kid who gets autism? Then you would want something done, wouldn't you? it's so easy to judge and to say that, until it's you that is effected for the rest of your life....I don't believe anyone knows what it's like to dedicate your life to an autistic kid. Some are not so bad, others are bad, and others are really bad....it depends....

I know 3 families alone, Little old me, with one child that is autistic....

Tell me, who is going to care for these autistic kids when they are full grown and their parents have died?

Old 04-15-2016, 10:26 AM

511 posts, read 837,893 times
You know, my kids were born at 25 weeks, spent 4 months in the NICU and are absolutely brilliant children. I COULD draw the conclusion that extreme prematurity is actually good for children's brains and a desirable outcome. Thankfully I am able to look beyond my kids and see that they are outliers. Sigh. Robert De Niro, I am disgusted with you.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:26 AM

78,365 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The question we should also ask, should the makers of vaccines be held liable when their product fails? Should they be held liable when the efficacy of the product is not as great as claimed? Should they be held liable when people fall prey to serious side effects including death? As of now it's extremely difficult, if not impossible to hold these companies responsible in these types of events.
The bottom line is that if someone can prove your kid vectored something like polio onto another kid it's possible that they will sue you. They probably won't win but if it were gross negligence like you knew you'd been exposed and rubbed honey on the kid, waved healing crystals over them and sent them to camp....then they might actually win.

If nothing else they can run up some big fat legal bills for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Should they be held liable when people fall prey to serious side effects including death?
You mean like the girls in India that died from auto accident, snake-bite and drowning that you and your fellow anti-vaxxers were including in "vaccine death" totals?

Hey, I actually support your right not to vaccinate, but the endless lies and misstatements aimed at convincing others to do the same is frankly despicable.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:28 AM

78,365 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
You know, my kids were born at 25 weeks, spent 4 months in the NICU and are absolutely brilliant children. I COULD draw the conclusion that extreme prematurity is actually good for children's brains and a desirable outcome. Thankfully I am able to look beyond my kids and see that they are outliers. Sigh. Robert De Niro, I am disgusted with you.
Deniro's kids moms were all 40+ when they had the kids.

Autism risk is PROVEN beyond a doubt to increase greatly with the mothers age.

Largely, the whole vaccine thing is a smoke screen for people that had kids maybe a little too late in life and don't like what happened after they rolled the dice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates