Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 07:47 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,540 times

Advertisements

Clearly are youth ARE terrorized at this point. Why aren't we treating this the same way we would treat any other type of terrorist activity? It clearly is terrorizing an entire generation of our youth.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:26 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,866,682 times
I disagree.

There is no political aspect to it.

It's just an evil person committing a horrific act.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:13 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
I believe it is a form of terrorism but it is not from an organized group like isis but the fear is real.
Who is not concerned that a gunman could come to their school, workplace or concert.

It can happen and does and people are fearful of it but when you think about it we face more danger from driving to and from school, to work or to a public event.

Any mass shooting where innocent people die is terrible and we all need to come together to figure out a way to stop them.

I can't help but think about all those kids that are screaming for action against guns how in the coming years they will lose friends, family members to drugs, alcohol and accidents. Many of them might already know of someone that died of an overdose or drunk driving accident.

All we can do is make moves to prevent tragedy and make contingency plans to escape if we find ourselves in a terrible situation.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:16 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,540 times
Default Since when

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I disagree.

do All terrorists have a political agenda?
Really? Since when is that part of a specific definition?

Old 02-22-2018, 10:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
I disagree.

There is something larger going on behind the headlines though, its a type of conditioning, in which govt is attempting to sway the public opinion on guns, to ultimately benefit Govt...and its working, with every mass shooting, more and more people suddenly hate guns and believe they need to be banned (but govt and law enforcement would be conveniently exempt LOL).

The mass shootings of school age kids just helps sway that many more people.

More people need to learn how to recognize whats going on right under our noses with these mass shootings, If Govt could enact a total gun ban at the cost of some dead civilians, I have no doubt they would seize upon that.

'terrorism' can mean different things too, in the eyes of a tyrannical govt, a patriot would be a terrorist. When the american revolution took place, all the historical patriots we celebrate today, were viewed as terrorists by England, so it all depends on perspective.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:37 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,068,908 times
Quote:
I disagree.

I didn't think terrorism had to be political to be considered terrorism. Aren't general terrorism, and political terrorism, two different forms of terrorism?

Old 02-23-2018, 11:49 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Some appear to be attempts at "suicide by cop."

Old 02-24-2018, 10:53 AM

28 posts, read 14,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I didn't think terrorism had to be political to be considered terrorism. Aren't general terrorism, and political terrorism, two different forms of terrorism?
no

thats why its called terrorism - its a form of a physical attack meant to accomplish an overall political or sociological ideological goal.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:05 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,528 times
Remember:

White and/or "Christian" guy who reads too much crazy propaganda shoots a place up, killing people, he's a "lone wolf," and we need "more guns" to solve the problem.

Brown and/or "Muslim" guy who reads too much crazy propaganda blows a place up, killing people, he's a "terrorist" - as is everyone from his ethnic or religious background, and we need to "bomb them back into the stone age!" to solve the problem. Who we are bombing will be determined at a later date, depending upon desired war profits.

Yep, fair and balanced reporting!

Old 02-24-2018, 02:42 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_roboto View Post
no

thats why its called terrorism - its a form of a physical attack meant to accomplish an overall political or sociological ideological goal.
Right, which is why school shootings aren't terrorism. What is the goal? Unless they are all just false flags. Which is very possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates