Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:39 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

I have been greeted by women I have never previously met by them molesting my bicep with a firm grip or even brushing their breasts against me.

Surely that should be at least a $1000+ fine. Payable directly to me.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:31 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,927,543 times
Good. I think American women are far too permissive about this behavior from men, as long as it comes from men they find attractive. I think this type of fine needs to be introduced here as well. There is no excuse for any well-bred man to catcall.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:48 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Just one example of the privilege women enjoy in Western society. We're beginning to criminalize people saying unpleasant things.

Stupid and short-sighted IMO.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:13 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had a girl grab my package at a concert once. Somehow I got over the trauma and have lived a full life ever since.
Once.

Not over and over and over for years.

And you were likely bigger and stronger than she.

I wish guys would at least attempt to look at it from the woman’s POV, but I guess if a man doesn’t think it’s important or offensive it must just be trivial.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:46 AM

712 posts, read 530,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post

Once.

I wish guys would at least attempt to look at it from the woman’s POV, but I guess if a man doesn’t think it’s important or offensive it must just be trivial.

l.
Women are just as strong as men! Ask any feminist. lol

And there's no comparison between GRABBING a person's private parts to whistling!!! This law is not about grabbing, but VERBAL stuff. I can absolutely look at it from a woman's pov. I simply imagine women whistling at me.....I can live with that. Even the fat unattractive one's. Good for my ego. Reminds me of celebrities complaining about adoring fans trying to talk to them. What a bunch of snowflakes these supposed "strong" women are.

And what does being stronger than someone have to do with anything? What's his response supposed to be? Punch her in the face and end up with felony assault charges? Good luck in front a judge trying to explain you punched a woman in the face because she molested you. You better have it on video. Hell, terry crews was afraid to hit a MAN because of how he would be perceived as big black man assaulting a white guy. It's not socially acceptable to strike a woman. I've SEEN women grabbing/pinching strange guys butts. I can just imagine how many times brad pitt has been grabbed.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:51 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
I think that is textbook anti-free speech. Just more signs that Europe is going too far left for its own good.

Sure, cat calling in any form is dorky and probably irritating to a lot of women, but it shouldn't be a crime. You can't outlaw being a jerk, most humans are jerks, women included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Once.

Too many guys think it will mean they'll get fined just asking a woman out...apparently not understanding the difference between an inquiry versus a crude come on - and one that is meant more to demean and make him look good in front of the guys than to even actually get a date. Like they ever get a date from a catcall

Old 05-29-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Too many guys think it will mean they'll get fined just asking a woman out...apparently not understanding the difference between an inquiry versus a crude come on - and one that is meant more to demean and make him look good in front of the guys than to even actually get a date. Like they ever get a date from a catcall
I hope they will learn the difference. Or make the fines a line item in their budget.

Some of those guys may be starting threads on some internet site wondering why they can’t get any girls.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:07 PM

So should we start criminalizing all rude/mean behavior? Or just pet issues for favored demographics?

Old 05-29-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
So should we start criminalizing all rude/mean behavior? Or just pet issues for favored demographics?
Not all rude behavior is harassment. This is.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:26 PM

Is it?

Generally speaking, rude behavior and unwanted contact is only harassment after the aggrieved party has expressed that said behavior is unwanted, and then said behavior is repeated. That's already covered under harassment laws.

So if this cat-calling qualifies as harassment, then why does it need it's own law? Why not prosecute under existing law?

Unless of course what you're trying to outlaw is *not* in fact harassment under any current legal definition...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates