Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,797,444 times

Advertisements

By today's standard; most jobs and career fields check your credit report, psychological capacities, cognizance, and social media (friends, family, intimate circles) before offer letters meet the table.

Shouldn't we check the ethics (racial) biases and beliefs of politicians, policemen, reporters, owners of teams and networks before affording either position(s)or ownerahip?

Especially as agencies and studies prove white supremacy (Dependency) and Imperialist have infiltrated police departments as well various positions of authority.

This could prove beneficial for (the) indigenous blacks of America.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 05:38 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,990,129 times
..my thoughts?

....total horse sh1t....

Old 05-12-2019, 05:46 PM

6,173 posts, read 4,645,000 times
Since the first response you received wasn't particularly constructive, I'll respond.

If publicly visible social media is checked, that may reveal someone making tacitly racist remarks and weed someone out.
But if this is done, it works both ways. Someone being outspoken using epithets against Caucasian people should be screened in the same way, including "indigenous blacks of America" who can also be racist.

And voters vote in racist politicians because they're either aggressively racist or made a conscious decision that a candidate's racism isn't enough of a factor to not vote for them, so this also says a lot about the voters. Same thing for people who listen to media figureheads who are racist. They're still on the air because of their racist audience (and it doesn't always apply to one ethnic group being racist either).

Old 05-12-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Since the first response you received wasn't particularly constructive, I'll respond.

If publicly visible social media is checked, that may reveal someone making tacitly racist remarks and weed someone out.
But if this is done, it works both ways. Someone being outspoken using epithets against Caucasian people should be screened in the same way, including "indigenous blacks of America" who can also be racist.

And voters vote in racist politicians because they're either aggressively racist or made a conscious decision that a candidate's racism isn't enough of a factor to not vote for them, so this also says a lot about the voters. Same thing for people who listen to media figureheads who are racist. They're still on the air because of their racist audience (and it doesn't always apply to one ethnic group being racist either).

I agree immensely this goes both ways. If someone decides to believe/spew hateful and malicious intent toward Jews; or any religion, or community of people.. it's certainly deemed unworthy of hire.

We should ask about such prejudices and immature beliefs about others. I would not hire a person of color if they possessed bigoted views toward us, nor would I hire a person drenched in bigoted rhetoric toward them.

Last edited by SPECFRCE; 05-12-2019 at 06:38 PM..

Old 05-13-2019, 04:29 PM

Appears this has touched a nerve of people..I suppose my comment gave many the chills.

Makes you ponder just how many would never be hired- Sad truth!

Old 05-13-2019, 05:52 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,257,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Appears this has touched a nerve of people..I suppose my comment gave many the chills.

Makes you ponder just how many would never be hired- Sad truth!
In a political climate where just supporting a politician makes people accuse you of being racist nazi homophobe etc it's barely safe to post on social media anymore. Refusing to hire someone based on the opinion of a person who is tasked to decide if something is a bias opens the door to alienate an entire political party of supporters.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
In a political climate where just supporting a politician makes people accuse you of being racist nazi homophobe etc it's barely safe to post on social media anymore. Refusing to hire someone based on the opinion of a person who is tasked to decide if something is a bias opens the door to alienate an entire political party of supporters.
You don't believe social media opens one up to the same rhetoric?

Possibly bias would be the wrong term. I prefer prejudice. Everyone's slightly bias to a degree. Prejudice fits perfectly.

I would suggest anyone with strong prejudice views deserves alienation. Policemen with prejudice views touring diverse areas could end poorly.

Politicans sick with bigoted belief will poorly lead. Resulting to improper planning, funding, while enabling malicious laws- resulting in deadly behavior coupled with uncommon injustices throughout a community, city, and region.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:02 PM

1,663 posts, read 882,386 times
Quote:
By today's standard; most jobs and career fields check your credit report, psychological capacities, cognizance, and social media (friends, family, intimate circles) before offer letters meet the table.

Shouldn't we check the ethics (racial) biases and beliefs of politicians, policemen, reporters, owners of teams and networks before affording either position(s)or ownerahip?

Especially as agencies and studies prove white supremacy (Dependency) and Imperialist have infiltrated police departments as well various positions of authority.

Any thoughts?
Where are these studies? I would love to read them.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:49 AM

51,041 posts, read 24,544,958 times
Quote:

Any thoughts?
I don't know how you would do that, other than by monitoring their public social media accounts, which is fine with me.

Old 05-16-2019, 11:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,672,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't know how you would do that, other than by monitoring their public social media accounts, which is fine with me.
But that is part of their social life, peoples jobs or careers are NOT their LIVES, and should never be that way.

Its so interesting to me, if you ask 10 people the simple question "what do you do, or Who are you"...Id bet 10 people would start describing their jobs/careers!! LOL

When I had my first appt with my current doctor (years ago) he asked me the same question, and naturally I started telling him about my job, he stopped me and said NO, I didnt ask about your job, I asked 'What you do'...this was probably the first time I recognized how prevalent this mentality is today and how ignorant it really is. Our jobs/careers are a very small part of our lives, most spend only 40-50 hours there a week, it should not be linked so closely with ones social or personal life. So I would say NO, to employers looking at someones social media accounts, its none of their business, its not part of their job/career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates