Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 07:15 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Great. So let’s make pot and prostitution legal because the government can regulate it and make it safer. That is the same argument. Murder is murder. Who cares who does the murdering, the doctor or the girls hanger. The baby sure doesn’t have a preference. It’s being killed. Do whatever you all need to do to justify it in your heads but it is murder if you forcefully stop a heartbeat, which in itself is a miracle to have been conceived.
Keeping pot and prostitution illegal hasnt stopped either activity has it. It just creates more problems, people going to jail/prison, human trafficking and all the ills associated with that. Marijuana is legal in many states and more states are legalizing it.
Actually murder is not murder.

Quote:
No. Ultimately, It’s the woman’s responsibility. They don’t have to let the man screw her. She has final say. Women don’t think. That’s the problem. When they have sex, they know that in the end, they can get pregnant. They know there is a good chance the guy will disappear. Yet, they risk it and worry about it later. Real smart.
Well tell that to family court. Men are generally held financially responsible for their offspring.

About 39% of women seeking abortion were married or cohabiting with their partner (not a good chance the guy will disappear). Yes pregnancy happens sometime despite using BC and being careful. This is why humans discovered and then perfected abortion. Its been a remedy for unwanted pregnancy since ancient times.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:58 PM

7,025 posts, read 4,901,566 times
Quote:
Great. So let’s make pot and prostitution legal because the government can regulate it and make it safer. That is the same argument. Murder is murder. Who cares who does the murdering, the doctor or the girls hanger. The baby sure doesn’t have a preference. It’s being killed. Do whatever you all need to do to justify it in your heads but it is murder if you forcefully stop a heartbeat, which in itself is a miracle to have been conceived.

Pot and prostitution, the two examples you've given, show overwhelmingly that when you make something illegal, that doesn't stop that thing from being done, bought, or used. I think you just shot yourself in the foot.

I just had to ask you, who made you judge and jury of what everyone does? Just because little old you has an opinion about something doesn't mean you can force that opinion on everyone in this country. If you think abortion is murder, don't have one. It's not your uterus and it's not your body. Your nose belongs only on your face. Not up every woman's vagina.

Again, if you want to start forcing people to give birth, maybe you should try advocating for a slavery amendment to be added to the Constitution. Because forcing people to do things with their bodies that they don't want to do is nothing more than forced bondage, i.e., slavery.

Quote:
No. Ultimately, It’s the woman’s responsibility. They don’t have to let the man screw her. She has final say. Women don’t think. That’s the problem. When they have sex, they know that in the end, they can get pregnant. They know there is a good chance the guy will disappear. Yet, they risk it and worry about it later. Real smart.

You know what would really stop abortion in its tracks? Men showing a little self control and keeping their zippers up (yeah, we can dream).

Your attitude is exactly like a thief who goes into a store, steals a candy bar, and then blames the store owner for not keeping his candy locked up. According to you, it's all on the store owner. If his candy gets stolen, then it's his fault because he didn't put a cage over it. Or stand in front of it and tell you "No, no."

Well, here's a novel idea. Learn a little self control. Don't steal. And if you do steal, don't whine about getting caught and try to blame someone else for it.

If you're worried that a woman might have an abortion if she gets pregnant, don't have sex with her. If you do have sex with her, don't whine about getting caught and try to blame her for it. You're a big boy and you know how the world works by now. Playing the "I-couldn't-control-myself-" and "I-couldn't-keep-my-zipper-up-because-she-said-yes" card aren't legitimate excuses anymore.

A woman getting pregnant is on BOTH of you, not just her.

Last edited by rodentraiser; 06-18-2019 at 02:09 PM..

Old 06-22-2019, 03:47 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,870,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
And if it isn't?
Morality cannot be legislated. God gave us all "free will". However GOD will judge us all later for our choices.

I am a "pro-lifer" but I also believe in our US Constitution. I would like to live in a society where there were just a handful of abortions performed every year. However I am not so sure I would want to live in a society where abortions were totally ILLEGAL.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:14 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
see mod note from the other recently closed abortion “debate”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates