Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I'm sorry, I have to weigh in on illegal immigration. I have nothing against immigrants themselves, hell I'm half immigrant (German/Russian), but illegal is a major sore point. I think legal immigration should be made easier, because hell if we need hands let's get them...but make the illegal immigration much more penalized. Largely for tax revenue purposes, and if they are illegal and pay taxes I think they should be considered legal, because if some one uses public services and does not pay for it that should be penalized. If they are working I love people legal or not, I would almost put forth the idea of exporting non working citizens some where else.

I work hard, I pay a good deal of income in taxes...if some one else is dong the same then I have no issues. If some one is working under the table and walks in and uses the general fund a good number of people are contributing to and they aren't....screw them. I don't care how bad it is in their home country is, or if they are citizens and trying to avoid taxes, you don't get to draw without chipping in. The only way I see it is if you are totally unable to work due to disability you can draw without being a worker.

We should have a nation by nation quota system for immigration. Immigration should serve the interests of the USA, not the interests of third world peasants who have no skills, often cannot speak even the most basic of English, and who all too often move here simply to immediately apply for benefits and become a ward of the state.

If somebody is caught illegaly in the USA they should be bull-whipped a few dozen times and then deported. In most third world nations if you are caught illegally in their nation they will throw you into a prison to rot for a few years, we ought to stop giving illegals the royal treatment, we can do that by busting out the whip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
We should have a nation by nation quota system for immigration. Immigration should serve the interests of the USA, not the interests of third world peasants who have no skills, often cannot speak even the most basic of English, and who all too often move here simply to immediately apply for benefits and become a ward of the state.

If somebody is caught illegaly in the USA they should be bull-whipped a few dozen times and then deported.
Or come to have their babies so they can have a foothold.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Or come to have their babies so they can have a foothold.

If somebody tries to scam the system like that, bull-whip them fifty or sixty times, then deport them and their children. Either strip their child of citizenship or tell them "fine, your child can stay" and leave the kid in the street. They can pick between taking their kid with them or having their kid starve in the street.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
If somebody tries to scam the system like that, bull-whip them fifty or sixty times, then deport them and their children. Either strip their child of citizenship or tell them "fine, your child can stay" and leave the kid in the street. They can pick between taking their kid with them or having their kid starve in the street.
Although I don't agree with "bull-whipping" them, you bring up an interesting point about the kids. If we can agree we need to get illegals out, then what should we do about their kids who are here and who are citizens?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Although I don't agree with "bull-whipping" them, you bring up an interesting point about the kids. If we can agree we need to get illegals out, then what should we do about their kids who are here and who are citizens?

Their kids can get used to homeless life without their parents or the parents can take their kids with them. Children are not entitled to be raised by society. If their parents have no right to be here then they either take their children with them or their children can die in the street.

If a woman just gave birth, hoping that her anchor baby would assure her a place in the nation, they should tell her that she has to leave, the baby can stay and will be placed outside the hospital, unless she wants to take the baby with her.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Their kids can get used to homeless life without their parents or the parents can take their kids with them. Children are not entitled to be raised by society. If their parents have no right to be here then they either take their children with them or their children can die in the street.

If a woman just gave birth, hoping that her anchor baby would assure her a place in the nation, they should tell her that she has to leave, the baby can stay and will be placed outside the hospital, unless she wants to take the baby with her.
As much as I hate to say it, we should put the kids in foster care. We need to keep the people from coming here and having kids here in the first place. Once they're here and the kids are born, it's too late.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:56 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Quote:

If somebody is caught illegaly in the USA they should be bull-whipped a few dozen times and then deported. In most third world nations if you are caught illegally in their nation they will throw you into a prison to rot for a few years, we ought to stop giving illegals the royal treatment, we can do that by busting out the whip.
Why not just exclude people who are illegal from public goods? Without an opportunity for schooling for their kids, or excluding from health care...no one would want to be illegal in the country.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Why not just exclude people who are illegal from public goods? Without an opportunity for schooling for their kids, or excluding from health care...no one would want to be illegal in the country.
We've GOT to exclude them from education NOW as well as from non-emergency health care and ALL welfare. I'm not cold enough to sit here and say that we shouldn't provide EMERGENCY health care to them. But anything else ABSOLUTELY NOT.

We have to provide huge fines and such for hiring these people, renting them apartments, etc.

They need to also be deported IMMEDIATELY when they commit any crime...even a minor traffic violation. I wouldn't suggest wasting time and resources hunting them down...but once they're already in the hands of the police, THIS is the time to take action.

But the ones who have kids who are U.S. citizens are a huge other issue. If the kids are already citizens, I wouldn't even think about stripping the kids of their rights. Maybe we need to work on changing that law...but for the ones who already are citizens, I wouldn't agree with taking citizenship away.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
As much as I hate to say it, we should put the kids in foster care. We need to keep the people from coming here and having kids here in the first place. Once they're here and the kids are born, it's too late.

The anchor baby concept is a case where people hold fast to the letter of the law and ignore the spirit. The Constitution was never intended to be taken that way.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:

That rests on the assumption that these people care about their kids. I would argue that if they cared about their kids they wouldn't burden them with the possibility of being raised by aunts/uncles/cousins/etc because mom and dad were deported for being illegal. If these people cared about their kids they wouldn't subject them to potentially lethal multi-week journeys in leaky boats, or multiple day treks across the desert.

I think for a lot of those people, children are just a commodity, a way to receive money via benefits, or at the best, a future source of cheap labor for the family farm/business.

I'd rather have four or five kids that I can adequately provide for than ten or twelve kids that require state assistance money and charity/handouts from relatives/friends/strangers/etc.

If you believe in evolution, it's the rK selection theory at work. Quantity over quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates