Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Am I the only one who thinks if your not Irish you shouldn't be wearing "Proud to be Irish" T shirts? and wearing all this green on St Patty's day? I'm not saying if your not Irish you shouldn't be celebrating St Pattys Day but when people were the beads, shirts, socks, hats, glasses celebrating St Patty's Day I don't think they should!!! 99% of the people don't even know why their celebrating St Patty's Day. Leave it to the Irish to wear the green and all the gear and if your not Irish don't act like you are on ST Patty's Day. Okay maybe a green Tshirt is okay but not when you dress head to toe in Irish gear and your 100% Russian doesn't make sense. Let us have our day without a bunch of wannabe's acting like their Irish. Same goes for Cinco De Mayo I don't wear all mexican gear I let the mexicans have their day, doesn't mean I won't drink a modelo in their honor I'm just not going to wear a big sombero. Irish for a day crap please come out and celebrate with me but don't show all your Irish pride when your not even Irish. That's it I'm done!!!
How many atheist, agnostics and non-believers celebrate Christmas and Easter?

O'Brien clan here - just giving my $.02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:42 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Quote:
How true!!! but to them it's not about Jesus, it's celebrating Winter Solstice with a tree and presents.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 PM

515 posts, read 716,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post

O'Brien clan here - just giving my $.02
These two were celebration times for thousands of years before the christians hi jacked and re named them.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:56 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,351,220 times
I am Irish, and I wear orange on St. Patrick's Day.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
I'm German, and celebrate anything that lets me drink beer and sing some good old songs. The Irish can join me on Oktoberfest later in the year, I'd be happy to have them.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:32 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks if your not Irish you shouldn't be wearing "Proud to be Irish" T shirts? and wearing all this green on St Patty's day? I'm not saying if your not Irish you shouldn't be celebrating St Pattys Day but when people were the beads, shirts, socks, hats, glasses celebrating St Patty's Day I don't think they should!!! 99% of the people don't even know why their celebrating St Patty's Day. Leave it to the Irish to wear the green and all the gear and if your not Irish don't act like you are on ST Patty's Day. Okay maybe a green Tshirt is okay but not when you dress head to toe in Irish gear and your 100% Russian doesn't make sense. Let us have our day without a bunch of wannabe's acting like their Irish. Same goes for Cinco De Mayo I don't wear all mexican gear I let the mexicans have their day, doesn't mean I won't drink a modelo in their honor I'm just not going to wear a big sombero. Irish for a day crap please come out and celebrate with me but don't show all your Irish pride when your not even Irish. That's it I'm done!!!
Get real--whenever people are happy and celebrating other people just want to join in with the haapiness and have fun. So, take a chill-pill.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Why?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:18 PM

706 posts, read 3,763,475 times
Quote:

Well, la dee da

and

excuuuuuuuuuse me!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:35 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,351,220 times
Quote:

Someone asked why I wear orange on St. Patrick's Day. My Irish ancestors were followers of William of Orange who rebuffed James II at the Battle of the Boyne. James had been deposed as King of England, but attempted to regain the throne and return England to Catholicism.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Someone asked why I wear orange on St. Patrick's Day. My Irish ancestors were followers of William of Orange who rebuffed James II at the Battle of the Boyne. James had been deposed as King of England, but attempted to regain the throne and return England to Catholicism.
That's cool!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates