Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:30 PM

287 posts, read 547,267 times

Advertisements

Explain to me how homosexuality is not chosen. Where is the biological evidence? From what I have learned in some of my Biology courses, there is not clear cut biological explanation for homosexuality. So in that sense, how is it that homosexuality would be considered normal by organizations such as the APA and other Psychological organizations? What research do they have to deem this normal?

Old 05-24-2009, 12:56 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Do you remember choosing to be heterosexual?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I don't think homosexuality is normal, but I also don't think it's a choice. Two different things here. I believe an individual is born with their sexuality. Just like they are born color blind. Homosexuality is not a learned behavior like certain phobias.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:10 PM

47 posts, read 77,156 times
I think its a choice
this one lady i knew had 3 kids and was married twice
her second marriage didnt work out so she decided to turn lesbian and has had the same gf for 7 yrs.
That was her choice im sure

Old 05-24-2009, 02:13 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I don't think homosexuality is normal, but I also don't think it's a choice. Two different things here. I believe an individual is born with their sexuality. Just like they are born color blind. Homosexuality is not a learned behavior like certain phobias.
Yeah but I don't believe anyone is born homosexual either. There is no evidence of this. However, I do believe the environment you live in when you are growing up plays a role in determining your orientation and lifestyle. I'll believe that when they do prove there is a gene. I wouldn't call it a phobia though.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbody1991 View Post
I think its a choice
this one lady i knew had 3 kids and was married twice
her second marriage didnt work out so she decided to turn lesbian and has had the same gf for 7 yrs.
That was her choice im sure
Out of nearly 7 billion people in the world, she proves the case?

Is it possible that all her life, she was bisexual, and decided to stop having an ongoing relationship with a man and to begin having one with a woman, which was all the same to her. She made only the choice of which individual to commit herself to. She didn't "turn lesbian" She chose a new life partner, from among the men and women that she was able to have intimate sexual relatinships with. You have heard of bisexuality, haven't you?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:24 PM

47 posts, read 77,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Out of nearly 7 billion people in the world, she proves the case?

Is it possible that all her life, she was bisexual, and decided to stop having an ongoing relationship with a man and to begin having one with a woman, which was all the same to her. She made only the choice of which individual to commit herself to. She didn't "turn lesbian" She chose a new life partner, from among the men and women that she was able to have intimate sexual relatinships with. You have heard of bisexuality, haven't you?
lol so she decided by choice rite?
its a choice

Old 05-24-2009, 02:28 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Do you remember choosing to be heterosexual?
I do...It started around the age of thirteen, You know around the time girls started looking good to us young boys...

Old 05-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbody1991 View Post
lol so she decided by choice rite?
its a choice

Please try to follow along.

She was by nature bisexual. A lot of people are, but they don't wear a sign. She enjoyed intimate sexual relationships with both men and women, and was able to become sexually aroused with either of them

First she made life commitments to a couple of men. Maybe she chose men for those commitments, because she would fit in better with her society, but that does not mean she had a particular preference for men. Lots of people make choices for that reason.

Those did not work out.

Then she tried a life commitment to a woman. So far, that seems to be working out.

Did you "make a choice" about whom to marry? So did she. She had a wider choice of candidates, because she did not "make a choice" to be exclusively heterosexual, as you did.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Please try to follow along.

She was by nature bisexual. A lot of people are, but they don't wear a sign. She enjoyed intimate sexual relationships with both men and women, and was able to become sexually aroused with either of them

First she made life commitments to a couple of men. Maybe she chose men for those commitments, because she would fit in better with her society, but that does not mean she had a particular preference for men. Lots of people make choices for that reason.

Those did not work out.

Then she tried a life commitment to a woman. So far, that seems to be working out.

Did you "make a choice" about whom to marry? So did she. She had a wider choice of candidates, because she did not "make a choice" to be exclusively heterosexual, as you did.
"She was by nature bisexual."

There is no way you could know that.

She could have been a lesbian the whole time living a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates