Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:40 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
No one goes to jail just for that...There has to be more to it.....Like failing to pay a fine and warrant is issued. They are in jail for failing to pay the fine and nothing more.
Yes they do, if they're black and living in small towns in the south. Even if it is only for failing to pay a fine, how many people do you think there are in small southern towns that have a pretty hard time coming up with a $250 fine? If you're living from payday to payday on a minimum wage or irregular job, $250 is still a lot of money. Sure, maybe they don't handle their finances very well, but I thought debtor's prison was a thing of the past.

It would not be unreasonable to say that many people are attracted to gangs in order to give them solidarity against police and courts who are so quick to throw them in jail or extract fines from, them for the most trivial of offenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 11:28 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
i knew racism would come into this, no surprise it's the cries of the poor, beaten down black man... what BS!!!

we are all responsible for our actions, I got a speeding ticket trying to get my daughter some medicine before she had to go back to the hospital for the 3rd time in 4 days, i couldnt afford it, it took me 45 days instead of 30 to pay it, i paid the late fees, they told me all was fine as long as i showed them proof of insurance, i did...
i got pulled over on a BS stop for my window tint (has been the same for 3 years and never an issue), they were looking for people breaking into foreclosed homes, and that happened to be my job lol...
officer told me my lic. was suspended for failure to pay fines, he took my license away and told me he was leaving and i shouldnt drive anywhere... i went home, got my wife, went downtown and paid some more fines, got my license reinstated, and still owe money for court deferance (spelling?)..

ticket
$147-failure to obey traffic device
$85-no proof of insurance
late fees
$47
reinstatement fees
$38 for license
$150 for not having proof of insurance during the traffic stop
$20 local fee
court deferment costs
$200!!

pay your tickets on time, otherwise it will REALLY cost you

guess what, i'm white, polite and didn't act like a jerkoff when he told me my license was suspended
id wager a guess that if i was black, and acted the same as i did, i would have received the same treatment

don't use race as an excuse to be a lazy, whiny piece of crap, we're all tired of hearing it

Old 10-31-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
i knew racism would come into this, no surprise it's the cries of the poor, beaten down black man... what BS!!!

we are all responsible for our actions, I got a speeding ticket trying to get my daughter some medicine before she had to go back to the hospital for the 3rd time in 4 days, i couldnt afford it, it took me 45 days instead of 30 to pay it, i paid the late fees, they told me all was fine as long as i showed them proof of insurance, i did...
i got pulled over on a BS stop for my window tint (has been the same for 3 years and never an issue), they were looking for people breaking into foreclosed homes, and that happened to be my job lol...
officer told me my lic. was suspended for failure to pay fines, he took my license away and told me he was leaving and i shouldnt drive anywhere... i went home, got my wife, went downtown and paid some more fines, got my license reinstated, and still owe money for court deferance (spelling?)..

ticket
$147-failure to obey traffic device
$85-no proof of insurance
late fees
$47
reinstatement fees
$38 for license
$150 for not having proof of insurance during the traffic stop
$20 local fee
court deferment costs
$200!!

pay your tickets on time, otherwise it will REALLY cost you

guess what, i'm white, polite and didn't act like a jerkoff when he told me my license was suspended
id wager a guess that if i was black, and acted the same as i did, i would have received the same treatment

don't use race as an excuse to be a lazy, whiny piece of crap, we're all tired of hearing it
But you didn't go to jail, did you, you lazy whiny piece of crap.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:14 PM

No, because I was respectful to the officer, wasn't knowingly driving on a suspended, there are other variables in ALL instances of people being arrested. But thanks for living up to the race-card player stereotype.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
No, because I was respectful to the officer, wasn't knowingly driving on a suspended, there are other variables in ALL instances of people being arrested. But thanks for living up to the race-card player stereotype.
You said a black driver would have been treated the same as you (by a white cop and a white judge) in a little town in north Florida. That's BS and you know it.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

It would not be unreasonable to say that many people are attracted to gangs in order to give them solidarity against police and courts who are so quick to throw them in jail or extract fines from, them for the most trivial of offenses.
Let's address the issue of people not being able to think for themselves. People that join gangs do so because they are truly weak individuals. You pay fines when you break the law, you serve jail time for punishable offenses, it happens, when you do wrong, there are consequences.

People that use the excuse of "i joined a gang to stand up to police" are excuse makers. They are not proactive, they are reactive, that's like saying "I raped a woman, and them police arrested me, i'm going to join a gang so we can have a shoot out with johnny law next time i decide to force myself on someone"

Old 10-31-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You said a black driver would have been treated the same as you in a little town in north Florida. That's BS and you know it.
No it isn't. My ticket was given by a Puerto Rican, do you think he hates white people more than blacks or vice-versa? That would be quite the ignorant assumption, wouldn't it? He was a prick, to say the least, with his ridiculous lecture about children in accidents and crash test dummies, but his job is to serve, protect and educate. I pay his salary, and those men deserve a certain amount of respect for the danger they face every day.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
No it isn't. My ticket was given by a Puerto Rican, do you think he hates white people more than blacks or vice-versa?
Yeah right, Ethnic minority cops can kick white guys around all they want, with impunity. No risk of reprimand.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:26 PM

See, there's the racial issue again, do you hate everyone? What's the deal? Whitey hates blacks, is that it?

Old 10-31-2009, 12:28 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I totally agree with your perspective, however, we now live in the age of Tolerance ....tolerance to any immoral thing that goes down. Besides that, the average citizen doesnt want to get involved , desires to only look out for his own wellbeing, and is too afraid to confront the issue of local Gangs thereby putting their safety in jeopardy ; average citizens retreat to living an isolated life staying in the confines of thier own habitat hoping they will live out their life naturally and not be cut short by out of control violence. Law Enforcement cannot get a handle on Gangs in major cities , and short of National Guard intervention , they wont stand a chance at eliminating this societal Parasite. It almost makes you wish vigilante-ism would catch on ... but I suspect that would be short lived.

What we see with Gang violence today, stems from a very serious problem of fragmentation of the Family, sound moral values and ethics, and the choosing of a secular society over a Judeo-Christian one which this Countrys Founding Fathers wholly believed would be best.
well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates