Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:33 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Why would the title of this thread indicate same-sex marriages if that's not what the topic is truly about?

You are worried if gays will molest/rape the kids they adopt. That is your concern. Wonderful.
Is that NOT a legitimate concern?

Is it NOT just as legitimate as being concerned that in re-marriages, step-fathers often molest/adopt the kids they adopt?

Sounds to me like you have some "interesting" issues with this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 07:33 PM

981 posts, read 806,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I've bolded the intelligent part of your post. The rest is just nonsense.
I think you mean italicized. And, thank you. I already knew that.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I think you mean italicized. And, thank you. I already knew that.
No, I meant exactly what I said. Too bad you couldn't figure that out.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Is that NOT a legitimate concern?
No, it's a hateful lie.

Quote:
Is it NOT just as legitimate as being concerned that in re-marriages, step-fathers often molest/adopt the kids they adopt?
No, because it isn't legitimate to begin with.

Quote:
Sounds to me like you have some "interesting" issues with this...
I'm gay, Sherlock. Of course I have issues with negative associations like this.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
No, it's a hateful lie.

No, because it isn't legitimate to begin with.

I'm gay, Sherlock. Of course I have issues with negative associations like this.
Frankly, I don't care if you're gay - but obviously you are accustomed to using the "I'm gay" excuse as your own Get Out of Jail Free card.

I also find it appalling that you're not the least bit concerned about children being raped and molested - by homosexuals or heterosexuals.

I guess that explains why you're so inflammed by this thread.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Frankly, I don't care if you're gay - but obviously you are accustomed to using the "I'm gay" excuse as your own Get Out of Jail Free card.
You asked me about my interest in the topic, and I told you why. I don't know how you could possibly gather I'm accustomed to using the "gay card" through my response.

And, yes, you do care that I'm gay. Don't pretend like I can't pick up on your views loud and clear.

Quote:
I also find it appalling that you're not the least bit concerned about children being raped and molested - by homosexuals or heterosexuals.
I never stated anything to that degree.

Quote:
I guess that explains why you're so inflammed by this thread.
I already explained why.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
You asked me about my interest in the topic, and I told you why. I don't know how you could possibly gather I'm accustomed to using the "gay card" through my response.

And, yes, you do care that I'm gay. Don't pretend like I can't pick up on your views loud and clear.

I never stated anything to that degree.

I already explained why.
I now see that you're hyper-sensitive, and read things into what people say. How nice of you.

You can "pick up on my views" loud and clear? Oh really? Would that be the view that we should try to protect little children from being molested and/or raped. Egads, how god-awful of me!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:59 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
I now see that you're hyper-sensitive, and read things into what people say. How nice of you.

You can "pick up on my views" loud and clear? Oh really? Would that be the view that we should try to protect little children from being molested and/or raped. Egads, how god-awful of me!
I think the point is, all adoptions should be concerned with whether the parents molest them. Whether they are gay or not is arbitrary and irrelevant to this type of investigation into an adopting parent's behavior. Actually, this is hardly restricted to adoptions.
Basically: child rape bad. Should be safe-guarded against. No child rape good.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I usually don't have to dig too deep with your ilk.

Quote:
Like you said, you don't know. It would be best if you accepted that.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I usually don't have to dig too deep with your ilk.
My ilk?

What exactly is "my ilk?" If "my ilk" is people who think that perverts shouldn't be raping and molesting children, then I'll proudly claim it.

It's unfortunate that your ilk get so upset when people speak out against children being raped and molested. But I guess that shows what your ilk is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates