Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, quite the contrary.

I'm simply saying that you suckers are being conditioned to become accustomed to purchasing water from a corporation.

In the not-too-distant future, the corporations will start buying up all the water rights in the US and taking over public water companies, and you'll stand by and watch it happen without doing anything to stop it.

Then, when the corporations own all the water and start charging ridiculous rates, you'll whine and cry like a two-year old.

It'll be like India, where Coca-Cola, who owns a large chunk of water rights, shuts off water to people several hours a day every day so corporations, like Coca-Cola, can use all the water they need for manufacturing.

And then, I'll say, "I told you so."

This is a real threat! In my state we have abundant water reserves. Those of us with any intelligence know that this resource is a precious RIGHT to local life and health and deserves our protection. Currently the residents and the few local water bottlers that vended our precious spring waters a are under attack by corporations such as Nestle who bought out Poland Springs to make it a national commodity. Some of our residents are one man-made pollution, natural drought, or other unforeseen calamity away from having little or no access to our own water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,319,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
OVCATTO..your youtube is Hilarious! I laughed til I cried!
I needed that. Though I STILL WANT MY WATER, IN A CAN...I LOVED IT!
Thanks for sharing it!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:45 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
ok... I know that is off topic, but awesome:
RECYCLED BOTTLE CASCADE CHANDELIER | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World (http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/05/28/recycled-water-bottle-cascade-chandelier/ - broken link)

Now, plastic bottle enthusiasts should know this:
Check the recycling symbol on your bottle. If it is a #2 HDPE (high density polyethylene), or a #4 LDPE (low density polyethylene), or a #5 PP (polypropylene), your bottle is fine. The type of plastic bottle in which water is usually sold is usually a #1, and is only recommended for one time use. Do not refill it. Better to use a reusable water bottle, and fill it with your own filtered water from home and keep these single-use bottles out of the landfill.
Unfortunately, those fabulous colourful hard plastic lexan bottles made with polycarbonate plastics and identified by the #7 recycling symbol, may leach BPA. Bisphenol A is a xenoestrogen, a known endocrine disruptor, meaning it disturbs the hormonal messaging in our bodies. Synthetic xenoestrogens are linked to breast cancer and uterine cancer in women, decreased testosterone levels in men ( ouch !!!), and are particularly devastating to babies and young children. BPA has even been linked to insulin resistance and Type 2 Diabetes.
Unfortunately, most plastic baby bottles and drinking cups are made with plastics containing Bisphenol A (BPA) so, to be certain that your baby is not exposed, use glass bottles.
http://trusted.md/blog/vreni_gurd/20..._water_bottles

That said I am back to: * WE WANT CANS !!! *

Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
This is a real threat! In my state we have abundant water reserves. Those of us with any intelligence know that this resource is a precious RIGHT to local life and health and deserves our protection. Currently the residents and the few local water bottlers that vended our precious spring waters a are under attack by corporations such as Nestle who bought out Poland Springs to make it a national commodity. Some of our residents are one man-made pollution, natural drought, or other unforeseen calamity away from having little or no access to our own water.
WAIT...
I don't know about anyone else, But I must be getting ripped off now because I already pay for my water...DAMN...I get this water bill in the mail every month! NO ONE ELSE DOES???

Old 04-20-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
WAIT...
I don't know about anyone else, But I must be getting ripped off now because I already pay for my water...DAMN...I get this water bill in the mail every month! NO ONE ELSE DOES???
I do .....

Old 04-20-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
ok... I know that is off topic, but awesome:
RECYCLED BOTTLE CASCADE CHANDELIER | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World (http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/05/28/recycled-water-bottle-cascade-chandelier/ - broken link)

Now, plastic bottle enthusiasts should know this:
Check the recycling symbol on your bottle. If it is a #2 HDPE (high density polyethylene), or a #4 LDPE (low density polyethylene), or a #5 PP (polypropylene), your bottle is fine. The type of plastic bottle in which water is usually sold is usually a #1, and is only recommended for one time use. Do not refill it. Better to use a reusable water bottle, and fill it with your own filtered water from home and keep these single-use bottles out of the landfill.
Unfortunately, those fabulous colourful hard plastic lexan bottles made with polycarbonate plastics and identified by the #7 recycling symbol, may leach BPA. Bisphenol A is a xenoestrogen, a known endocrine disruptor, meaning it disturbs the hormonal messaging in our bodies. Synthetic xenoestrogens are linked to breast cancer and uterine cancer in women, decreased testosterone levels in men ( ouch !!!), and are particularly devastating to babies and young children. BPA has even been linked to insulin resistance and Type 2 Diabetes.
Unfortunately, most plastic baby bottles and drinking cups are made with plastics containing Bisphenol A (BPA) so, to be certain that your baby is not exposed, use glass bottles.
http://trusted.md/blog/vreni_gurd/20..._water_bottles

That said I am back to: * WE WANT CANS !!! *
I WANT MY CAAAANNNN!!! CAN CAN CAN CAN CAN - GIVE IT TO ME...GIVE ME MY CAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!! OKAY!lol

Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Deef1
WAIT...

Quote:
I do .....
WE MUST BE FOOLS OR SOMETHING! LOL And. lately, THEY ARE CHARGING ME MORE $$$ !!!

Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
Originally Posted by Deef1
WAIT...

WE MUST BE FOOLS OR SOMETHING! LOL And. lately, THEY ARE CHARGING ME MORE $$$ !!!

You are drinking to much water!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
You are drinking to much water!!!

Yeah...My pee ain't yella no more! LOL I'm Addicted to it!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
GOTTA HAVE IT!!! But..I WANT IT IN MY CAAAANNNN!!!! lol

I think my 'puter is actin' up tonight! I captured your response and it didn't attach! LOL....everything was all disconnected...FLOATIN' AROUND IN ALL THE WATER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates