Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:34 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,320,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Well, I did read your posts but was still uncertain of what you were indicating.

Is not not possible to take extra plastic bottles of your own filtered water and keep them in a cooler until you need them? The usual type of plastic bottle holds up well when not stored in the sun, etc. That same bottle could be used many times over. AND, in the long run would be less expensive.
You obviously DON't get it. Maybe I should carry a cooler around with me. You have no clue. What is wrong with a different package for the water?
Again, let's revisit the last post I made about the grocery store. Why is water the issue? What about ALL THOSE PLASTIC BOTTLES OF SODA on the isle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM

112 posts, read 140,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
If you have an immune problem (health issues) you MUST NOT drink tap water or spring water. The doctors tell you to look for purified or distilled water and to filter your water. THAT IS WHY IT MUST BE. The water in water bottles that IS NOT PURIFIED or DISTILLED...is NOT OK TO DRINK! Yes, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!
Iv never heard of anyone who has to drink distilled/purified water? what kind of % of people are you talking about that has this condition? its gotta be something like 1% not something iv heard of before lol

Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
WATER babe! WATER... At LEAST 2-3 a day before I get home!
So you're going to drink 4 - 6 quarts of water before you get home? I highly doubt that.

But since you seem to be a pretty heavy drinker, here's a 10 gallon cooler from Igloo. Knock yourself out.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
Iv never heard of anyone who has to drink distilled/purified water? what kind of % of people are you talking about that has this condition? its gotta be something like 1% not something iv heard of before lol
Look up the percentage of people who are immune suppressed...it's quite a large number. Starters are Transplant Patients, the elderly, people with cancer, people with lupus, I can go on and on...look it up before you say that there is only 1% of the population that have immune issues that should be cautious with their water intake. I'm not being ridiculous. I'm serious here!

Old 04-18-2010, 04:39 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
Quote:
You obviously DON't get it. Maybe I should carry a cooler around with me. You have no clue. What is wrong with a different package for the water?
Again, let's revisit the last post I made about the grocery store. Why is water the issue? What about ALL THOSE PLASTIC BOTTLES OF SODA on the isle?
Water is the issue because you created this thread about water in plastic bottles. .

And...you Obviously didn't read what I asked you, or you decided not to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So you're going to drink 4 - 6 quarts of water before you get home? I highly doubt that.

But since you seem to be a pretty heavy drinker, here's a 10 gallon cooler from Igloo. Knock yourself out.
I love it!

Can I get a gorilla with that to carry it around for me LOL !!!

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Yes, plastic bottles are convenient. OP is discussing the possibility of dispensing water in a can; beside the bottled ones. This method is not popular. Why soda is canned but not water.
There are some people who would appreciate canned water.
Also: Aluminum cans do not contain bisophenol A (BPA), found in plastic bottles. This chemical has come under scrutiny due to a possible link to health risks that might include cancer. Most plastic bottle manufacturers insist that plastic bottles are safe, but consumer advocate groups support legislation that would ensure the removal of BPA from plastic products.
Both plastic bottles and aluminum cans can be recycled. However, only 10 percent of bottles are recycled when compared to 50 percent of cans. Cans also are more efficient to recycle than bottles. Once the aluminum has been produced, it can be recycled over and over again.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Water is the issue because you created this thread about water in plastic bottles. .

And...you Obviously didn't read what I asked you, or you decided not to answer.
(Actually, I am typing as fast as possible)lol

No, I am trying to draw on the PLASTIC issue. After all, the debate is that everyone says STOP PACKAGING WATER IN THE PLASTIC BOTTLES. I'm saying stop packing EVERYTHING in the plastic bottles, BUT PLEASE DO put the water in SOMETHING to buy!

Sorry if you misunderstood.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:45 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
I love it!

Can I get a gorilla with that to carry it around for me LOL !!!
No gorillas allowed. They poop and fart - and that's bad for the environment.

Retrofit this...

Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
No gorillas allowed. They poop and fart - and that's bad for the environment.

Retrofit this...
They won't let me bring THAT on my plane ride anymore! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates