Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:55 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Tell me what the blatant lie was, and I'll address it.
Not sure what the first blatant lie was, but I spotted the second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 02:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
WW3 is what would eventually happen. See commemts regarding Israel as the start.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:58 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I pointed this out in post #12 liar.
"What if they have official government parades threatening obliteration and offensive action against other countries?"

That's a lie. Nothing in the article you cited stated nor implied that there was any government-sanctioned statement that would reflect any intent to take offensive action. Liar. And i called you on it.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
WW3 is what would eventually happen. See commemts regarding Israel as the start.
You know... We heard that a lot before Iraq was invaded, and it didn't happen.

I don't know if a war with/in Iran would start WW3 either. Hard to tell.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
"What if they have official government parades threatening obliteration and offensive action against other countries?"

That's a lie. Nothing in the article you cited stated nor implied that there was any government-sanctioned statement that would reflect any intent to take offensive action. Liar. And i called you on it.
Do they not do the daily rally anymore?

You know, the one where they chanted "Death to America"?

I didn't know that practice was ended.

"Death to America" Chants of IRI New Parliament

Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do they not do the daily rally anymore?

You know, the one where they chanted "Death to America"?

I didn't know that practice was ended.

"Death to America" Chants of IRI New Parliament
Your source looks to me like a blog written by a disgruntled Iranian emigre now in the USA. I would not, on its face, regard it as very reliable.

Is it not true that the official American foreign policy has been, for nearly a century, "Death to all Communist states"? Whether or not it was chanted in Congress. Would that then fully justify an attack on the USA, in defense against that "death threat"?

Old 04-21-2010, 04:48 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Your source looks to me like a blog written by a disgruntled Iranian emigre now in the USA. I would not, on its face, regard it as very reliable.

Is it not true that the official American foreign policy has been, for nearly a century, "Death to all Communist states"? Whether or not it was chanted in Congress. Would that then fully justify an attack on the USA, in defense against that "death threat"?
That was just one of many sites. Youtube has a bunch of videos where Iranians do their daily chant. And yes, it is state sponsored.

However, I don't recall the US having a daily rally at times square, where we chanted "Death to communist states".

Old 04-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
That was just one of many sites. Youtube has a bunch of videos where Iranians do their daily chant. And yes, it is state sponsored.

However, I don't recall the US having a daily rally at times square, where we chanted "Death to communist states".
Nevertheless, it was the official foreign policy of the USA to bring about the overthrow of every government in the world that was communist, or even toyed with communism. In every such country that I know of, the USA actually interfered directly in those governments, and aided and abetted organizations dedicated to the violent overthrow of those governments. In quite a few, we actually sent our own uniformed military troops into the country, with the objective of destroying the seated government. Which goes way beyond merely chanting it in a weekly prayer meeting.

What we have done goes far beyond merely expressing the wish for another county's government to "die", or fail. We send in the most formidable military force in the history of the world, to obliterate them

The chant in Iran's parliament is the second line, which starts out "America is the great Satan"---which doesn't sound any more extreme or threatening than "Iran is one of the three countries in the Axis of Evil"---actually voiced with unambiguous clarity by the President of the United States himself, with the whole world watching live.

"States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. . . . I will not wait on events while dangers gather. I will not stand by as peril draws closer and closer. The United States of America will not permit the world's most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most destructive weapons."

We have already obliterated one of the Axis of Evil. If you were Iran, would you defend yourself against the USA?

Last edited by jtur88; 04-21-2010 at 05:14 PM..

Old 04-22-2010, 07:50 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Not sure what the first blatant lie was, but I spotted the second.
LOL. You nailed it....and he came through right on schedule in his next post.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:52 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

You said that I supported attacks on Iran and when specifically pointed out to you TWICE you completely dodged the fact and weasled out. Liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates