Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
Has anyone else had this problem? I eat primarily an organic diet and I feel like I'm gaining, not losing weight. I think when I bought more processed foods, I used to go for the diet, unnatural stuff a lot (i.e., fat free yogurt, fat free mayo, low calorie bread, etc). I've never been a soda drinker so it's not like I filled up on diet soda all day. I only drink milk, water, coffee, or tea. What am I doing wrong? By the way, I switched to a primarily organic diet about 2 years ago. When I look at the packages, a lot of the stuff seems high fat, high calorie. I know if I just ate salads and fish all day I wouldn't have a problem but I also like grains, dairy, lean meat, fruit. Help!
It's quantity not quality when it comes to weight, it has nothing to do with whether you buy organic or not.

The benefits of organic is that it's not polluting the environment or your body with toxic crap. It doesn't mean that it is going to make you thin. Think serving sizes AND green foods for optimum health. Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 08:49 PM

603 posts, read 2,359,152 times
Thank you, all of these suggestions are helpful! I'll let you know how it works out!

Old 05-26-2008, 10:48 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
I lost 10 lbs going off flour products, potatoes, and sugar. I eat organic. the closer you get to a raw diet the more weight you will lose. And I drink whole goat's milk.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
Organic or not organic has nothing to do with weight gain or weight loss. It's all about calories. If you consume more calories than you burn, you gain weight. If you burn more calories than you consume, you lose weight. Adding an exercise routine, or doing more exercise if you already exercise is a great way to burn more calories. Also, like another poster said, think and eat GREEN foods becasue GREEN foods tend to have fewer calories than most other foods.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:36 PM

517 posts, read 2,485,253 times
You asked about juicing. Juicing has benefits but you have to watch out for calories. Juicing gives you the vitamins and nutrients of fruits and vegetables but without the fiber. Fiber is very filling, while drinking doesn't do much to curb your appetite.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:30 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,739,381 times
You know, I was thinking the same thing myself. After going mostly organic, dropping all fast food, eating less meat and more whole grains, very few dairy products.. my weight is going up up up! Go figure..

Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
Perhaps your metabolism has changed. It happens. Evaluate your your activity level. Has it decreased? Are you burning fewer calories? Are you consuming more calories? If you are gaining weight your body is telling you that you are consuming MORE calories than you are burning off. Weight gain has nothing to do with eating organic food or not eating organic food.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:07 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Hi NewAgeRedneck,it's izzy here.I think organic is a little expensive for me have tried several things once on a while.I think metabolism has a lot to do with gaining weight no matter what you eat

Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 AM

228 posts, read 601,227 times
Hi, I did not read the whole thread...not sure if this has been suggested. But, I just finished reading "Skinnny B*tch" and it has some of the best advice on eating organic and losing weight...even for us guys. I encourage you to check it out. They also have a companion cook book that looks great. At the end of the day, no matter whether it is organic, natural, or Big Govt yuck, if we burn more calories than we take in, we should lose weight.

Check out the last two links on this page for some eye opening info:

Welcome to CampusDish at the University of South Florida!

Old 06-14-2008, 11:37 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
At the end of the day, no matter whether it is organic, natural, or Big Govt yuck, if we burn more calories than we take in, we should lose weight.
May I quote you on that? It's priceless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living