Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 AM

57 posts, read 69,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I don't think we want to emulate such regressive states as SC, MS, and AL, who only attract industry because such states are notorious for anti-labor exploitive policies and climates. Give me one RTP anyday over the work climate of those Deep Southern states. RTP competes with high wage and high education locales such as Silicon Valley, Northern Virginia, Boston, places worth emulating.
As far as I know RTP is not a pro-labor (union) area. If I am not mistaken the entire state is a right to work state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 02:21 PM

13 posts, read 25,129 times
With respect, we are living through a fundamental shake-up of ways of thinking and being. Most of the equations we are currently depending on will hold no place in the future. No longer beneficial to the human race, they are actually threatening our continued existence. Therefore, if one looks for the future to resemble the past, for example for NC to return to manufacturing or even IT, then one invites frustration. If one looks for the present to be an easy time, one invites disappointment because old systems die slowly and painfully since people have trouble letting go of the past and trusting or even envisioning the future. If one looks for the future to resemble the present or past, then one invites fear and a clinging to modes of thinking and being that we can no longer afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point