Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 04:00 PM

1,037 posts, read 2,048,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar27262 View Post
Just out of curiousity, I been a high point native but I'm going to greensboro and I wanna know if it's safe to wear gang colors?
Huh, i dont understand why people have to be mean and dont just answer the question. As someone who grew up in North Charlotte I can tell you that there is nothing to worry about.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Is there some universal gang color that none of us are supposed to wear? Are you going to a gangster filled hood in Greensboro?

No way you are 64. Only someone young would write "internets" as that is urban slang.
Since when is that urban slang......

Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 AM

138 posts, read 419,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
Huh, i dont understand why people have to be mean and dont just answer the question. As someone who grew up in North Charlotte I can tell you that there is nothing to worry about.....
Are you serious?

People around here tend to answer questions that are sincere, which this obviously is not.

You can't even follow your own advice, how does your comment about Charlotte have anything to do with Greensboro?

and finally yes "the internets" is slang for the internet and has been used a slang to refer to anyone ignorant of the internet since Pres. Bush used the term when he was in office.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
I wear whatever I want to wear...

Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe8229 View Post
Are you serious?

People around here tend to answer questions that are sincere, which this obviously is not.

You can't even follow your own advice, how does your comment about Charlotte have anything to do with Greensboro?

and finally yes "the internets" is slang for the internet and has been used a slang to refer to anyone ignorant of the internet since Pres. Bush used the term when he was in office.
Thank you for attacking me with the Guilford County ignorance that I have grown accustoned to since moving up here 5 years ago. In Charlotte we have " real" gang violence. Secondly does anybody personally know the op to make such an assumption that they aren't being sincere?? Im guessing no.....Thirdly I am a 31 black male from North Charlotte so trust me when I say Mr. Bush knows NOTHING about urban slang.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:53 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Thank you for attacking me with the Guilford County ignorance that I have grown accustoned to since moving up here 5 years ago. In Charlotte we have " real" gang violence. Secondly does anybody personally know the op to make such an assumption that they aren't being sincere?? Im guessing no.....Thirdly I am a 31 black male from North Charlotte so trust me when I say Mr. Bush knows NOTHING about urban slang.
And here we go......

Old 11-21-2011, 03:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Old 11-21-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
And here we go......
Well you would be upset to if somone attacked you for answering a question Some of yall need to loosen up sheesh

Old 11-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Too funny

Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Well you would be upset to if somone attacked you for answering a question Some of yall need to loosen up sheesh
Yes, you do.
If you re-read the OP you find that it is not sincere due to;
a) does not say what part of Greensboro the visit was planned
b) new member
c) no interaction from the OP since the OP
Nobody was being attacked here, some of us just know a troll when we smell one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point