Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 05:09 AM

8 posts, read 24,236 times

Advertisements

What can anyone tell me about the State Street area near North Elm and Golden Gate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 02:21 PM

628 posts, read 2,070,431 times
I don't live in that area but North Elm street splits Irving Park (one the most expensive areas in Greensboro) with the more affordable McAdoo Heights area (on the State Street side).

Last edited by Tart Green Apple; 04-10-2008 at 02:30 PM..

Old 05-01-2011, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,077 times
The McAdoo Heights is a very cute, funky and affordable little neighborhood that sometimes gets overlooked despite the fact that it offers a unique level of walkability. The shops and restaurants on State Street seem to have been overshadowed somewhat by development downtown and at Friendly Center and the recession has closed some of the more chichi shops but there is an awesome little new age/pagan gift shop, a tea room(!), a tea and coffee store, nice Mexican restaurant where you can sit outside, an Italian restaurant with great decor that looks like a 70s disco inside, to name only a few things. A couple of blocks away there are pharmacies, a dry cleaners, a bank, two grocery stores. You could walk or ride your bike downtown.

It is very diverse neighborhood. My impression is that it is fairly safe and quiet. I don't live there but I would definitely consider it. This area is not for someone who wants to live in a gated community with huge houses but is a charming and unusual small area with some neat little homes for not too much money. Oh, and it is just across the street from what is probably the most desirable neighborhood in Greensboro, Irving Park.

Last edited by susafina; 05-01-2011 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Misspelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point