Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:13 AM

40 posts, read 157,331 times

Advertisements

Just moved to Lexington, NC and need advice on a good neighborhood close by that would be good to take our children trick or treating. Looking for a development that has houses fairly close together so the kids don't have to walk 50 yards between each house. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
We use to hit up the Country Club area also look into Twin Acres, Arbor Acres, and Sapona

Old 10-26-2008, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 7,923 times
Please be more specific as to where these neighborhoods are, for those of us not familiar with the area.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 AM

415 posts, read 1,209,777 times
yeh its a pretty good place to but i used to live on the west side High Point but then i moved to Mocksville then again so now i live in South Carolina but its a pretty good place!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
yeh its a pretty good place to but i used to live on the west side High Point but then i moved to Mocksville then again so now i live in South Carolina but its a pretty good place!
Huh?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Can't believe you would "bus" kids to another neighborhood to trick or treat.

It should be a neighborhood thing--- YOUR neighborhood thing. Rather offensive, in my humble opinion.

lln

Old 10-27-2008, 06:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I lived in Arbor Acres and it a subdivision community so is Country Club and Twin Acres are subdivision communities with alot of Old Money lurks within or is inherited within Which is why we always hit that area. The above poster I get your point but the reason the OP was asking due to alot of Lexington isnt subdivisions but houses acres upon acres apart that a car would need to be involve getting the child in and out in costume is cumbersome these days with child seats.

IMO hit a few homes but spend most of your time at Trunk or Treat it will be alot more fun and social.
When I was a kid we did Womens Club Carnival at the Fairgrounds or Paul's Chapel. There is also a Spook Trail at Pauls Chapel Church and I had blast then can only imagine the people at Paul's Chapel have not slack up any and also they are having a trunk or treat
Here are some ideas
Halloween provides plenty of choices | The Dispatch | Davidson County's News Source

Old 10-29-2008, 02:37 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
I would hit Lexington Country Club, Sapona Country Club...or if you want a beautiful in-town neighborhood...check out Griimes Park.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Can't believe you would "bus" kids to another neighborhood to trick or treat.

It should be a neighborhood thing--- YOUR neighborhood thing. Rather offensive, in my humble opinion.

lln
Sunnykayak is right. We just moved to the country (live on 4 acres) - no neighborhood. It's our first time not living in a subdivision so just thought this was a reasonable question to ask. Didn't mean to offend you "LLN" but if you want to let me know your neighborhood I'll promise not to "invade your privacy".

Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 AM

12 posts, read 31,560 times
the days of neighborhood trick or treating are all but gone. I live in a small subdivision and there are a total of 3 kids in about 20 homes. Should I disappoint my kids by having them go to 5 or 6 houses, or go somewhere more homes are participating? Regardless of just about anything, trick or treating is still a big deal and I want my kids to have as much fun as I use to.

I did just hear that around Lexington, the trick or treating will now be on Sat night, not Sun? Any confirmations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point