Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times

Advertisements

When HP remodeled the downtown train station, I thought that might have been a good step in the right direction. The city has the unique advantage of having a station located right in town (W-S is not on the line, Charlotte's is a bit removed from the downtown, and Greensboro's is just a little beyond the downtown). I was thinking that maybe HP might become a destination for Amtrak riders to get off and walk from the station to a restaurant or a pub or to some other nearby destination, before returning back and continuing on their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 AM

33 posts, read 114,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_MVP View Post
Any truth to the rumor that Oak Hollow Mall is closing?
i e-mailed fox8 about that and so far they have not herd any news from CBL malls about oak hollow mall so as far as they news knows its still going to be around cause if it were to close the media wolud be all on it

Old 01-06-2009, 05:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
they should turn it into a indoor flea market

Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 PM

109 posts, read 389,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I think that's because Dillard's is going out of business.

It would be a real shame to lose Oak Hollow Mall.
Dilliards is not going out of business. Acutally the Dillard in Asheboro out performs High Point. It is still open and doing good.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
Sorry, my bad. Looks like they're only closing selected stores:

snopes.com: Store Closings

Old 01-07-2009, 03:20 PM

1,037 posts, read 2,048,281 times
First of all I am here to defend Highpoint. I am a Charlottean. I went to A &T,graduated and moved back home to Charlotte. Two years ago I moved up to HighPoint and enjoyed the quietnees. Last year me and my fiancee moved again to Greensboro to be closer to our jobs. Honestly Greensboro has NO RIGHT to trash Hpoint. HighPoint might be smaller than Greensboro but Greensboro is no "CITY" so please when you get a restauraunt that stays open past 10pm then talk junk about HighPoint

Old 01-08-2009, 08:21 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
When HP remodeled the downtown train station, I thought that might have been a good step in the right direction. The city has the unique advantage of having a station located right in town (W-S is not on the line, Charlotte's is a bit removed from the downtown, and Greensboro's is just a little beyond the downtown). I was thinking that maybe HP might become a destination for Amtrak riders to get off and walk from the station to a restaurant or a pub or to some other nearby destination, before returning back and continuing on their way.
I being quite serious here; unless you are associated in some way shape or form with the furniture market, downtown High Point is off limits to commoners. The are 4 resturants downtown and one of those is for members only. The only walking you could do would be to stretch your legs a little while peering through the windows of all of the locked showrooms

Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Criticizing another community is no way to gain credibility or support for your own.
Were you referring to my post?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
they should turn it into a indoor flea market
Its already on its way. Mall management is getting anyone they can to try to fill the spaces. And although there is nothing wrong with that the SBOs can't afford to remodel so the space still looks like the original corporate tennant and CBL does nothing to help them.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm&McGee View Post
I know for a fact that Dillard's in Oak Hollow Mall is closing this month.
Say it ain't so! That's the only department store I walk into where you are acknowledged and happily assisted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point