Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Della Ventura's in Greer
Yes, I forgot to mention them. Great food, great ambiance; always packed when they're open.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 11:40 AM

117 posts, read 241,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Olive Garden? Lame.
Really...?

I love Olive Garden. That's like my favorite Italian food restaurant.

Quote:
As a person who is Italian, I recommend any of these fine establishments for REAL Italian food:

-Ristorante Bergamo
-Trattoria Giorgio
-Portofino's
-Giovanni's
-Travinia's

Use Google to see where they are all located. The first two are located downtown if that's where you're interested in eating at.
Thank you for the suggestions though. I am trying one of these restaurants this weekend; which one out of them would you recommend the most?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM

899 posts, read 2,286,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
Really...?

Thank you for the suggestions though. I am trying one of these restaurants this weekend; which one out of them would you recommend the most?
Out of those five I'd recommend Portofino's. Great Italian food, it's a sit-down place with nice ambiance but also casual (esp. compared to Ristorante Bergamo and Trattoria Giorgio which are more on the upscale side). I think Portofino's is more authentic food-wise than Travinia and Giovanni's too.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:47 PM

899 posts, read 2,286,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
For the less formal options, try Trio, Lola's A Taste of Italy, or Illiano's.
I've never heard of Lola's and I just heard about Illiano's the other day actually. Any recommendations at either?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:50 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
It was a joke RedJohn. I love the Olive Garden too. How could you not? I'd also recommend Portofino's. I LOVE their bread rolls. Anybody tried Kozani's downtown yet? How about Brioso's?

Old 06-21-2010, 10:12 PM

117 posts, read 241,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Out of those five I'd recommend Portofino's. Great Italian food, it's a sit-down place with nice ambiance but also casual (esp. compared to Ristorante Bergamo and Trattoria Giorgio which are more on the upscale side). I think Portofino's is more authentic food-wise than Travinia and Giovanni's too.
Quote:
It was a joke RedJohn. I love the Olive Garden too. How could you not? I'd also recommend Portofino's. I LOVE their bread rolls. Anybody tried Kozani's downtown yet? How about Brioso's?
Hmm, Awesome, thank you innovator82...!

I think I will be trying Portofino's this weekend. I have never been there but considering that g-man recommends it as well, it must be really good (Considering he is Italian )

PS G-man, since you mentioned earlier that you were Italian and you said that Olive Garden was not that great I began wondering why; I'm glad you were just joking

Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzingtub View Post
I would have to agree with Fratelli's in Easley. Wonderful, authentic homemade Italian food. Everything made from scratch that will make you swoon. Give them a try.
You know thanks to your comments about this restaurant I am going to go there this week ! I drive by there everyday but never knew ! ...thanks...

Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 AM

306 posts, read 689,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You know thanks to your comments about this restaurant I am going to go there this week ! I drive by there everyday but never knew ! ...thanks...
You should! Fratelli's is great. We go there very often and have since he opened. We were excited to find true NY pizza and his homemade dishes are something to look forward to. Well it's almost lunch time.....

Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,137,125 times
Quote:
Olive Garden? Lame. As a person who is Italian, I recommend any of these fine establishments for REAL Italian food:

-Ristorante Bergamo
-Trattoria Giorgio
-Portofino's
-Giovanni's
-Travinia's

Use Google to see where they are all located. The first two are located downtown if that's where you're interested in eating at.
Olive Garden - The Taco Bell of Italian food.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
Olive Garden - The Taco Bell of Italian food.
LOL. Olive Garden is not nearly as bad as Taco Hell. At least Olive Garden uses quality ingredients. Taco Bell's ingredients are cheap and low quality.

Olive Garden isn't 5-star fare. It's not even on the same level as chain restaurants like Carrabba's and Macaroni Grill. I rarely eat at Olive Garden, but when I do I always enjoy it. It's still good food that is reasonably priced for most people.

As for the OP, lots of good recommendations here. Hopefully you'll find something great for your clients!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area