Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 02:55 PM

32 posts, read 74,937 times

Advertisements

Surfswamis, thanks for the reply. I wish you a lot of luck.

My family wants to move to Simpsonville/Fountain Inn area but since I'm the one that supports everyone, I wind up in a similar situation as you. I may make a trip in February and check things out. Happy New Year and keep pluggin' away!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 AM

38 posts, read 95,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsr View Post
Surfswamis, thanks for the reply. I wish you a lot of luck.

My family wants to move to Simpsonville/Fountain Inn area but since I'm the one that supports everyone, I wind up in a similar situation as you. I may make a trip in February and check things out. Happy New Year and keep pluggin' away!!!
I can't tell you how helpful every trip you make will be for you. After you spend some time, you get to see the warts too and you are able to put them into perspective with all that is great about it. Then you can decide if it is the right fit for your family.

As I said earlier, we feel right at home there and look forward to being there full time. Appreciate it for what it is and embrace the difference and remember that is why you picked it. The "better ideas" from where ever you move from are better left there. If they are that great, you probably wouldn't be looking to relocate.

I wish you the best, take your family as often as possible and let them learn to love it in their own way. You should have a successful move. God Bless.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:12 AM

32 posts, read 74,937 times
Thanks. I'll be checking back with you............

Old 01-27-2011, 10:45 AM

19 posts, read 55,593 times
Default Simpsonville

Hi ,

We just moved here from Detroit and I can tell you Greenville appears uneffected compared to what I've seen. I think it's all relevant as to how the area has changed from the recession.

We bought a house in Simpsonville and I think you would be crazy not to buy. Over the last 2 years we looked at houses and as of last summer, the ones in the best neighborhoods are going up a little. They may not sell like hotcakes yet, but I would say it's solid to buy here. The house we bought sold in 14 days, after 9 offers. It was a race for the good ones!

I also love Simpsonville but would stay closer to the Mauldin side. Fountain Inn seems so far from downtown and the downtown is so nice. It would be a travesty to not visit regularly.

Enjoy and best of luck! And let me know if you need a realtor, ours was the best. We haved moved 11 times in about 15 years and I've never had a realtor as nearly as good as Jane.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:13 PM

17 posts, read 44,978 times
Default Like eating bread for every meal; every day!

I would describe the day to day living as boring and bland. I guess if you have never been anywhere better, it would seem like an improvement. I am currently looking to move to Las Vegas to make up for all of the uneventful years that I have spent here.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:40 PM

171 posts, read 463,236 times
Default Whew, thanks

I just finished reading the 7 pages of this thread and found it to be extreemly entertaining and informative about your area, and totally convincing that the nay-sayers are full of baloney and it must be the greatest area with the greatest people! So glad I left the big time cities a long time ago. I'm coming down there!!!! And I plan to bring some diverse culture with me!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc29928 View Post
I would describe the day to day living as boring and bland. I guess if you have never been anywhere better, it would seem like an improvement. I am currently looking to move to Las Vegas to make up for all of the uneventful years that I have spent here.
I strongly urge you to reconsider moving to Vegas. Unemployment rate is 14.9 % . Many have been laid off. Even with the newest hotel that provided jobs, the UE rate only budged %. Still at 14 % .

I hope you have about 2 years worth of savings and a job lined up.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
It's such a beaauutiful day in Greenville today !

Sunshine and temps are 67 ..the only thing missing are some leaves on the trees !

Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,273,634 times
I've just deleted 38 posts for nonsense. Let's try to either help the OP or move on. ~ moderator

Old 02-23-2011, 04:25 PM

8 posts, read 17,020 times
Thanks you all! Very informative and honest!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area