Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 PM

34 posts, read 174,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCothran View Post
Can any recent hires tell me at what point in the process the want to see my proof of education? I just had to request a new copy of my diploma that got lost while moving.
When you go in for the written and production test. Its the first process after you go to the initial interview.

Thanks for the updates guys.

Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 AM

3 posts, read 32,977 times
Have an interview in a week for a production job. So you'd be a temp employee if hired through MAU? The job listing said it was full time with benefits. And going on night shift is the way to go to get hired on by BMW? Also in production, does having heavy tattoos go against dress code? I would.cover them for the interview but they'd show usually (full sleeve)?

Also I'd have to give 1 month notice at my current job. Would they be ok with that?

Last edited by Yac; 03-05-2013 at 03:41 AM..

Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 AM

3 posts, read 33,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruufu View Post
Have an interview in a week for a production job. So you'd be a temp employee if hired through MAU? The job listing said it was full time with benefits. And going on night shift is the way to go to get hired on by BMW? Also in production, does having heavy tattoos go against dress code? I would.cover them for the interview but they'd show usually (full sleeve)?

Also I'd have to give 1 month notice at my current job. Would they be ok with that?

My cousin owns a tattoo shop over off 290 he does people from BMW quite often. I'd cover em for the interview though. From the way it sounds They probably wouldn't care about your current job. If they wanted you to start tomorrow they would expect you to be there.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCothran View Post
Can any recent hires tell me at what point in the process the want to see my proof of education? I just had to request a new copy of my diploma that got lost while moving.
HS or College diploma? It all depends if they do a comprehensive background check. Most companies can check a database to see if you graduated and then can request transcripts if needed.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 33,713 times
HS. The email I received states they need it before I take the APS. I'm going today for assessment 1.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 PM

Do you usually get 40 hours a week when first hired?

Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 AM

26 posts, read 271,986 times
Yes, you'll get 40 hours (or 36 if on the 12 hour schedule). As for the question about b-shift, no it won't increase your chance of being hired on full time, it's just that when you get hired on full time, you have to go to b-shift.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Oh there are 12 hour shifts? Do you request a shift or they just assign it? How do you get 12 hour shifts?

Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 PM

271 posts, read 797,424 times
Haha, you request NOTHING! You are hired and you are told where you will go and where you will work. There are MAU people on day shift, as BMW tries to keep a certain ratio of MAU to BMW people on each shift. (not sure what that ratio is). But once you get hired as BMW, you go to night shift, even if you were a day shifter MAU, because everyone in BMW has a number, and the lower your number, the higher your seniority and you get dibs on day shift.

MAU employees do get benefits, from MAU. Health insurance cost us $125 a week for family coverage. You do get vacation time as well.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 AM

4 posts, read 22,510 times
I had my interview at the beginning of January. Finished the assessments, physical, etc in mid February. Got the letter saying I'm within BMW's guidelines March 1st (roughly). Still haven't gotten the phone call or heard anything. Does this seem normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area