Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 01:34 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times

Advertisements

Where are the dog parks? Do they charge? How about the one in Greer? Which are the best ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 02:14 PM

344 posts, read 816,445 times
There is a public dog park (no charge) in Cleveland Park, which is downtown and right by the Greenville Zoo. There is a privately owned dog park in Greer called Six Wags of Greer- they have 3 separate areas for different dogs and a 1 mile nature trail for walks. I think it's around $5 for admission to that one. We haven't been to either one, so I can't give you any personal experience but I know a lot of people who have used the one in Cleveland Park and enjoyed it. As far as Six Wags, I know several dog breed groups have meet-ups there, but we haven't personally been. We've taken our dogs to Falls Park with us, and there were a lot of other dogs there. Downtown Greenville is very dog friendly.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:33 PM

This is a review I found for Six Wags on Yelp.com:

Six Wags has 5 large fenced-in play yards. 3 back up to a creek that is great for dogs who want to splash & play in the water. The other 2 are considered to be play yards for dogs who don't play well with others. That said... I take my dog to those even though he is great with all kinds of other dogs mainly b/c that is where the agility equipment is & he loves playing on that.

There is also a half-mile (??) trail through the woods at the back of the dog park that is great for a shady walk.

There is a $5/day fee. I'm okay with that as it helps them keep the grass trimmed & yards clean... and for some toys that are scattered about each yard.

As an aside... this facility is owned by the same folks who own/run Upstate Dog Training.

Sounds like a neat place to try!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Pics:

Dog Park

Old 06-21-2011, 02:31 PM

123 posts, read 437,542 times
Wow, I bet my dog would have a lot of fun there. I love that they have agility training. I've been dying to get my dog involved in that. I'll definitely have to check them out when I get down there.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 5,790 times
Default Dog Parks

We need a Dog Park! Hard to believe Greenville doesn't have one. 6 Wags is a nice place, but I've never seen enough dogs there to really be called a park. Charleston and Hendersonville have em... c'mon Greenville! I put together a hiking site of offbeat trails for you and your dog for upstate SC, go to Dedicated to Greenville & Spartanburg pets and Greenville & Spartanburg pet related services - Greenville-SpartanburgPetConnect and click on the hiking category. Might be your best option till we get a Park!

Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
How is the one at Cleveland Park downtown? Is it fenced where you let your dog off the leash?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,790 times
Default Dog Park

Dogs can go off leash at Cleveland Park, but it is small and not very clean. We need a Bigger, like the James Island Park in Charleston.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:50 PM

31 posts, read 98,719 times
There's a relatively new dog park at the Pavilion park off East North street. I think it opened last spring. I've been there probably 5 times and have seen another dog there once. Word hasn't spread about its existence. I've been to Cleveland park many times, and it's almost always packed. The park at the Pavilion is extremely nice. It has 2 separate fenced in areas and the total size is probably 3 times as large as Cleveland park. It's also a much more exciting and landscaped area for the dogs. There is a nice mix of an open grassy field along with a more wooded and mulch filled area.

The only 3 parks I'm aware of are Cleveland, 6 Wags in Greer, and Pavilion. Cleveland is small, crowded, and not convenient for those of us who don't live downtime. 6 Wags can also be a drive. It's a very nice park but has a cost to get in. The Pavilion is convenient for those on the east side and a much nicer park than Cleveland, but it's always empty.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan R View Post
There's a relatively new dog park at the Pavilion park off East North street. I think it opened last spring. I've been there probably 5 times and have seen another dog there once. Word hasn't spread about its existence. I've been to Cleveland park many times, and it's almost always packed. The park at the Pavilion is extremely nice. It has 2 separate fenced in areas and the total size is probably 3 times as large as Cleveland park. It's also a much more exciting and landscaped area for the dogs. There is a nice mix of an open grassy field along with a more wooded and mulch filled area.

The only 3 parks I'm aware of are Cleveland, 6 Wags in Greer, and Pavilion. Cleveland is small, crowded, and not convenient for those of us who don't live downtime. 6 Wags can also be a drive. It's a very nice park but has a cost to get in. The Pavilion is convenient for those on the east side and a much nicer park than Cleveland, but it's always empty.
Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea about this one, and we live fairly close to there. We usually go to the Pavilion once a year for the Enchanted Tracks festival at Halloween, but we'll definitely have to take our dogs for a visit to their dog park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area