Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:58 AM

10 posts, read 24,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsinphilly View Post
Very cool. Dave & Buster's is one of those great places that I've missed from not living in Philly anymore.

Hi!
My husband and I may be relocating to GV from Philly and we are nervous about the move.
I wanted to know how you like GV compared to Philly? How similar (or different) is the culture/ diversity?
Would you recommend GV to a (minority) family??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,337 times
I love Greenville. It's a great little city with tons of things to do for it's size, and when you factor in the surrounding areas, it really feels a lot bigger. I'd recommend it for any family, minority or no. If you like being outdoors, Greenville is especially nice.

There are plenty of things about Philly that I miss, arts and culture most notably, but nothing that makes me second guess moving my family here.

Things that I don't miss? High prices, tons of traffic, noise, and angry people. It's just a different -- better -- lifestyle here.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:29 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Dave and Buster's slated to open in early August.
Is that early August 2014 because no signs of construction and August is a little over 90 days from now. I am beginning to wonder if this is going to happen.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Is that early August 2014 because no signs of construction and August is a little over 90 days from now. I am beginning to wonder if this is going to happen.
August 2013 according to the Greenville Journal. Who knows how accurate that is. They're hiring so it must be happening. It's shown on the leasing PDF file here: http://www.collett.biz/Content/Uploa...er-3-13-13.pdf Menin also stated less than two weeks ago that they were still coming: GSA Business | Greenville, SC | Spartanburg, SC | Anderson, SC

Development of the former site of the Greenville Mall along Woodruff Road is now making strides post-recession. Palm Beach, Fla.-based Menin Development Inc. purchased the site, now known as Magnolia Park, in 2007.

Menin is talking with three groups about potentially building a hotel at Magnolia Park, and it is attracting tenants from around the country to develop the site into a retail hub.

“It was not until recently that we got the traction we needed to develop,” said Marc Yavinsky, Menin’s executive vice president. “We’re excited to see the property mostly flat with no buildings on it because that means we’re really getting going.”

In Magnolia Park, Toys R Us and Babies R Us are both under construction, slated for a May opening. Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar, Dave and Buster’s, Cabela’s and Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill all plan to be tenants as well, Yavinsky said.

Last edited by g-man430; 04-22-2013 at 11:30 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM

267 posts, read 330,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Are we looking at the same location? They have completed the underground mechanical systems for the entire center, just finished demo of the old mall, and the main structure of the next set of store fronts is already up.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
Are we looking at the same location? They have completed the underground mechanical systems for the entire center, just finished demo of the old mall, and the main structure of the next set of store fronts is already up.
Same location but different portion of the site that is not yet under construction.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:30 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
Dave and Busters is not going in the demo area or the new structure in the front. Its going to the right of the movie theater. Check out the site plan on their website. Nothing is happening in that area of the property so far....

Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 AM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Is there a new date for this? No signs of construction on that portion and it's July.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM

98 posts, read 218,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Is there a new date for this? No signs of construction on that portion and it's July.
I can guarantee you this will be delayed due to the weather. This has to be some kind of record for # of rainy days.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:39 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by striketeamvic View Post
I can guarantee you this will be delayed due to the weather. This has to be some kind of record for # of rainy days.
Lots of work has been going on at the site, but this part hasn't been touched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area