Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:08 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlc124 View Post
Freddy's Frozen Custard is actually locating in the Del Twisted Kitchen across from Magnolia Park.
If this is correct, then what is coming to the Blue Jay site? And since they are continually bringing more out of market concepts that are new to the local area, then I want to see a Popeyes and a Roy Rogers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 03:31 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I thought the food at Twisted Kitchen was good, but the business model was not. Never seemed to be much of a crowd. People who expected fast food were disappointed by the higher prices, and people who wanted a higher priced, sit down restaurant would just go somewhere else. I think Jack in the Box would do better at that location now with all of the new nearby developments, including those apartments and Magnolia Park. They were correct to close Congaree Rd. as it was too close by and they were competing against themselves. But they should have held out a bit longer with the Woodruff Rd. store, as I think business would have improved. With Congaree closed and the new developments. But glad to hear a new concept such as Freddy's Frozen Custard is taking over. Looks sort of similar to Culver's.
I would like to respectfully disagree with you in regards to Jack in the Box on Congaree Road closing. Although close by about two miles to the Woodruff Road location, the location was constantly busy in the day with two major healthcare provides and businesses nearby patronizing during the breakfast and lunch rushes. When it was open, it was one of two locations I frequented the most.

The Laurens Road location was right to close. Service at this location was bad and likely below Jack in the Box's standards. The Greer location also had bad service and poor food quality in the past, but remains open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I think it will also do well, even though there is a saturation of hamburger places in that area. Seems to be also similar to Culvers, which my family likes very well.

Shouldn't the Easley location be opening soon?

I hope their building design is the same, that will look nice on that corner:
The steakburgers definitely makes Freddy's more than custard.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:14 PM

292 posts, read 344,721 times
What about a Long John Silvers / A&W? I cannot understand how there is no LJS near the Woodruff Rd area. I think the closest one is in Mauldin. Ugh.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:08 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
I can't believe that no one knows what is coming at this corner. Including me.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM

Did not realize the Congaree Rd. Jack in the Box was busy. But I was told the Congaree and Woodruff Rd. stores were too close and pulled business from one another. Either way, I feel one of them should have remained open. And, like I said, I think the Woodruff store would do better now with the new developments in the area nearby. But that's a done deal now, so I will look forward to the Freddy's Frozen Custard coming soon. And the new Clock on Congaree.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
What about a Long John Silvers / A&W? I cannot understand how there is no LJS near the Woodruff Rd area. I think the closest one is in Mauldin. Ugh.
I would rather see a Captain D's.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:36 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I think it will also do well, even though there is a saturation of hamburger places in that area. Seems to be also similar to Culvers, which my family likes very well.

Shouldn't the Easley location be opening soon?

I hope their building design is the same, that will look nice on that corner:
I tend to agree with you in the saturation of burger places in Greenville; however, Culver's is WAY down Woodruff - I live near downtown Greenville and NEVER drive past Whole Foods/Greenridge - Freddy's will fill a niche on this part of town, esp being near the (finally) developed Magnolia Park.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:34 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
Long John Silver's did have a location at 1781 Woodruff Road. Like many other area locations, it failed and closed. It was previously a bank. It is now Firehouse Subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I would rather see a Captain D's.
Captain D's would be nice. They left way too early likely to the bad business model of Shoney's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I tend to agree with you in the saturation of burger places in Greenville; however, Culver's is WAY down Woodruff - I live near downtown Greenville and NEVER drive past Whole Foods/Greenridge - Freddy's will fill a niche on this part of town, esp being near the (finally) developed Magnolia Park.
The saturation of burger chains in the Greenville is noticeable. Burger King, Hardee's, Jack in the Box and Wendy's have closed multiple locations. I wonder if one of these chains will disappear in the near future. I have not tried Culver's and of course Freddy's, but I do like a better quality burger chain.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:46 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The saturation of burger chains in the Greenville is noticeable. Burger King, Hardee's, Jack in the Box and Wendy's have closed multiple locations. I wonder if one of these chains will disappear in the near future. I have not tried Culver's and of course Freddy's, but I do like a better quality burger chain.
People are yearning for a better product for their money. There are chains willing to offer that. I had to help my daughter do a report on New Zealand of all places. In NZ there is franchise that is teaming up with Doctors Associates who owns the Subway franchise to bring a new, fresh burger concept called "BurgerFuel" to North America.

BurgerFuel offers all fresh ingredients and 100% grass fed New Zealand beef. Doubt if we will see one here anytime soon, but it just shows that consumers still want their hamburgers, but in a healthier, fresher way.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Long John Silver's did have a location at 1781 Woodruff Road. Like many other area locations, it failed and closed. It was previously a bank. It is now Firehouse Subs.

Captain D's would be nice. They left way too early likely to the bad business model of Shoney's.

The stores that closed were poorly managed and some were in bad locations. But I think Wendy's has really improved their food quality in the last year or so, and their newly renovated Woodruff Rd. store is very nice. And I enjoy Culver's also. As for Hardee's, they have tried to upgrade with their Angus Thickburgers since being acquired by CKE/Carl's Jr. But I would prefer them to add the flagship Superstar sandwiches and Big Carl burgers from Carl's Jr. They are the thin patty double burgers with a special sauce. The Big Carl is like the original full sized Big Twin burger that was popular at Hardee's for many years, with a 1000 Island style sauce. And the Superstar burgers correlate with the CKE "Happy Star" logo and feature a red relish type sauce. And I would also like to see Hardee's bring back the Roy Rogers fried chicken, but CKE may no longer have the rights to that recipe as Hardee's and Roy Rogers are now two separate companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area