Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 03:51 PM

23 posts, read 44,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
Looking at some of your other posts, I would recommend Maryville, TN.

It's got most of what you are looking for in a town. Maryville itself is big enough to have most amenities and what little it doesn't have is nearby in Knoxville. It is largely conservative. The public schools within the Maryville City limits are excellent. If you live outside the city, you can pay tuition to attend the city schools.

It's close to a bunch of lakes and outdoor activities. I don't know the crime statistics but there was virtually no crime in Maryville when I lived there. As a teenager, we nicknamed it "Mayberry".

I still think your idea of comparing crime statistics across towns in different areas isn't terribly useful. Despite what the statistics might say, outside of a few well-known spots, this area does not have much crime.
Thank you for the suggestion. I was just looking at Farragut, TN a few minutes ago. I think it's very difficult to compare crime rates, especially of small towns where the number of crimes are so few that any [likely] random fluctuation strongly affects the rate. Plus, police/sherrif departments report crimes differently from place to place except for homicides, which are very rare in small towns. Still, crime rates are one of few tools I have to make sense of places to which I've never been close. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
From looking at the initial posts under your account, Maryville is very close to what you are looking for in almost every category.

There are some places in this area that would also fit what you are looking for but you seem hung up on the crime stats.

Cary, NC was mentioned in another thread and it is WAY more liberal and diverse than what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area