Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 10:38 AM

632 posts, read 748,843 times

Advertisements

Guys...
I requested the previous version of this thread be removed. My intentions were to let you know of my experiences, good and bad. I later realized the one guy already had enough problems and anyone entering his establishment could readily make a similar judgement. Tossing a drowning man an anchor isn't typically my style. That being said, I'll re-post the first, more positive, review for those who want to read it or to contribute their own local dining experiences with old favorites or new finds.

================================================== ===================================

Josey's Chuck Wagon,
Located in the former Dickey's BBQ location, near Target on Wade Hampton Blvd., Josey's Chuck Wagon is privately owned, serving a meat and 2 sides style menu. The place was immaculately clean, the staff was quite friendly and worked hard to make sure we were enjoying our meal. The nice surprise was that the food is a big cut above what I was expecting. Everything was well prepared, seasoned nicely and everything tasted fresh. Nothing I've ordered, after 3 visits, has tasted processed or had any of the "fresh from the can" taste, common to many similar restaurants. The macaroni and cheese casserole is killer and I really like the almond crusted style breading on their very fresh tasting flounder. Do try out the fried cubed pork chop with white gravy.

I must say I was impressed. Having been open only a few weeks, this place is already catching on quickly. Waiting for a table is becoming fairly common, even on early weeknights. If they can maintain quality, cleanliness and friendliness, these guys will soon need larger digs.

TL;DR - Good service, Good food.. lots of it.... I'm rooting for these guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 03:58 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,662,269 times
Thanks. Appreciate you taking the time to post that here.

It looks like a good post to add to Yelp and Google, too. I have a few reviews up on that and I find it is pretty accurate except that the most popular places seem to get more low scores just because so many people go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: