Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 09:20 PM

3 posts, read 2,137 times

Advertisements

Hello, I've been a long-time lurker on this forum. Been meaning to chime in here and there but never got around to it. We are a RI family, and recently made the decision to move to Greenville area. Been doing lots of research online, lurking forums, talking with ppl who have lived or visited the area, etc. DH has been to other parts of SC a few times and is the one who got the ball rolling toward our relocation.
We are leaving tomorrow night for the 13+ hour drive down to spend the weekend in the area. DH has an appt. with a recruiter on Friday. We will be staying at Holiday Inn Express in Greer-hope that's decent!
We plan to spend the rest of the weekend driving around the area and getting a feel for it. The specific areas we hope to have time to visit besides DT Greenville are Traveler's Rest, Easley, and Simpsonville/Mauldin. They are all relatively close, right? We currently live in a rural area and are used to 30+minute drives to get anywhere.

So, is there anything going on in the Greenville area this weekend that you might suggest we try to see?
Any suggestions on specific places to visit, good places to eat, etc? Of course we'll be visiting Falls Park.

This will be the first of many visits in the upcoming months. Our goal is to move June 2017 (I want our kids to finish their school year first). They are in 9th and 10th grades currently, so when we make the move, we will be looking to rent a house in an area with a good high school.
Side note- DH is in IT and I am a dental hygienist, and will be starting the process of acquiring my SC DH license in January. Hopefully we will not have too much difficulty securing jobs.
Thanks in advance for any tip or advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 09:38 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
As you will be lodging in Greer, will you be checking it out and northeastern Greenville County also?

Old 09-29-2016, 06:01 AM

321 posts, read 407,095 times
Spartanburg International Festival is in downtown Spartanburg on Saturday and is about 20 miles from your hotel. Different foods from around the world for sale along with many other cultural exhibits.

You might also rent some bikes for a couple hours and ride on the Swamp Rabbit Trail near downtown Greenville.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:02 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Oktoberfest in DT Greer is this weekend. That's very close to where you will be. You will be about a 25-30 minute drive from all the areas you want to visit.

Take the kids to Dillards for ice cream one day, y'all will enjoy it. It's right on Buncombe Rd, right around the block from the hotel (driving, not walking).

This weekend would be beautiful to go on an easy waterfall hike, or just take them up to Bald Rock and Caesars Head.

I live right near where you are staying, so if you have a question, P/M me and I will try to help if I can.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:58 AM

20 posts, read 19,105 times
WOW! I could go on FOREVER on this post. I literally just made a flyer for my Facebook page including a list of the top events this weekend so I attached it for you.

I would also check http://www.eventful.com and Facebook events...they have a lot of information.

I've also been a career counselor/corporate recruiter for 10 years before getting into real estate this year so if you need any advice on job stuff - I can absolutely help with that. (I attached a document I did for my students at a medical college one time)

Also, for rentals I have a pinterest board I made when I was looking with many of the top rental companies in the area if you are interest. My favorites are Marchant, Goldsmith and Alpha. https://www.pinterest.com/AgentHughey/rentals/

Sorry I got excited but I have a lot of this info that may be helpful so I hope it is! And I am new so PLEASE correct me if I gave this information wrong! I know branding is a no-no I just didn't have another version.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:54 PM

Awesome, thanks for the responses everyone! Soo much to do! It will be easy to go to Octoberfest in Greer, maybe we'll visit the International Festival on the way back. Thanks!

Old 09-29-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clhughey View Post
WOW! I could go on FOREVER on this post. I literally just made a flyer for my Facebook page including a list of the top events this weekend so I attached it for you.

I would also check http://www.eventful.com and Facebook events...they have a lot of information.

I've also been a career counselor/corporate recruiter for 10 years before getting into real estate this year so if you need any advice on job stuff - I can absolutely help with that. (I attached a document I did for my students at a medical college one time)

Also, for rentals I have a pinterest board I made when I was looking with many of the top rental companies in the area if you are interest. My favorites are Marchant, Goldsmith and Alpha. https://www.pinterest.com/AgentHughey/rentals/

Sorry I got excited but I have a lot of this info that may be helpful so I hope it is! And I am new so PLEASE correct me if I gave this information wrong! I know branding is a no-no I just didn't have another version.

Thank you very much for this information! I will def. check it all out! We'll pm you if we have any questions!

Old 09-30-2016, 08:00 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clhughey View Post

Thanks for posting the events list. That's one thing I love about the area, there are always lots of events going on.

To the OP, good luck! The Greer Octoberfest and Spartanburg International Festival are both great. I've been to both.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:14 AM

20 posts, read 19,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanStateofMind View Post
Thank you very much for this information! I will def. check it all out! We'll pm you if we have any questions!
Absolutely! Enjoy your weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area