Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 07:34 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Another things I'm noting that I don't like about Lidl, at the bakery department they don't have any small bags, if they even have bags at all (none yesterday) for a single item purchase. It's such a waste having to use these large bags when I only want to purchase 1 roll.

It seems Lidl isn't doing as good as expected in the US as mentioned by SCguy81 above. Change your ads to weekly Lidl! And please, not so much junk, offer more food items, not so many clothes by HK which don't seem to be moving given the bins and bins I noticed yesterday! Just way too much junk.
The only thing I have purchased in the Bakery that has any taste to it are the cookies. The rest of it is just too bland and the small quiche type pastries were terrible IMO. Hard to complain with the cheap prices though.

I agree. I think they are really off the mark offering all that clothing. It's just not the type of store you think about going to purchase clothing. I would just stick with the household goods and seasonal items more like Aldi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 08:58 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Another things I'm noting that I don't like about Lidl, at the bakery department they don't have any small bags, if they even have bags at all (none yesterday) for a single item purchase. It's such a waste having to use these large bags when I only want to purchase 1 roll.

It seems Lidl isn't doing as good as expected in the US as mentioned by SCguy81 above. Change your ads to weekly Lidl! And please, not so much junk, offer more food items, not so many clothes by HK which don't seem to be moving given the bins and bins I noticed yesterday! Just way too much junk.
The problem with the Heidi Klum clothing is that it's sized, not S-XL. There's no place to try the stuff on. They should be displaying a sizing chart. It's a good idea that's poorly executed.

There are no public restrooms in the Gastonia store. That's not a good move. I assume that it's the same in all of the stores. There's a reason that Aldi has bathrooms. There's also a reason that Aldi carries clothing that is S-XL.

I do buy nonfood items in Aldi. I even bought a couple of items of clothing over the years. It was stuff to wear while doing yardwork. It didn't need to be a perfect fit. S-XL works fine for that. I liked one of the Heidi Klum sweaters. If it was being sold in S-XL, I would have bought one. I don't remember the last time that I saw sweaters being sold in numbered sizes. Obviously, other people feel the same or they'd be gone by now. When I was in Lidl they were sold out of a number of nonfood items. The clothing was sitting there & the underwear was sitting there. We buy underwear in numbered sizes, except camisoles & sport bras. They'll learn. Aldi learned years ago.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The only thing I have purchased in the Bakery that has any taste to it are the cookies. The rest of it is just too bland and the small quiche type pastries were terrible IMO. Hard to complain with the cheap prices though.

I agree. I think they are really off the mark offering all that clothing. It's just not the type of store you think about going to purchase clothing. I would just stick with the household goods and seasonal items more like Aldi.
Try the vegetable pizza bread. The rim of dough is crap, but the part with vegetables is fabulous.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The problem with the Heidi Klum clothing is that it's sized, not S-XL. There's no place to try the stuff on. They should be displaying a sizing chart. It's a good idea that's poorly executed.

There are no public restrooms in the Gastonia store. That's not a good move. I assume that it's the same in all of the stores. There's a reason that Aldi has bathrooms. There's also a reason that Aldi carries clothing that is S-XL.
I've been to the 3 stores in my area and all have public restrooms. By law, they need have restrooms for shoppers, so I'm guessing you just didn't notice them possibly?

Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,882 times
Quote:
The rim of dough is crap..
Thank you, but I'll pass.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
I've been to the 3 stores in my area and all have public restrooms. By law, they need have restrooms for shoppers, so I'm guessing you just didn't notice them possibly?
I actually walked around the store looking. I always check for bathroom locations. Maybe they did an incredibly good job of hiding them. I don't know if NC requires public restrooms. I've been in several stores that don't have public restrooms. Some have signs announcing that there are none. The Gastonia Aldi used to lock them & you had to get the key from an employee. Quite a few freestanding stores lock the bathrooms & you have to ask for a key.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I actually walked around the store looking. I always check for bathroom locations. Maybe they did an incredibly good job of hiding them. I don't know if NC requires public restrooms. I've been in several stores that don't have public restrooms. Some have signs announcing that there are none. The Gastonia Aldi used to lock them & you had to get the key from an employee. Quite a few freestanding stores lock the bathrooms & you have to ask for a key.
I believe smaller stores don't have to allow the public to use their bathrooms, especially if there is a public toilet in close proximity, but larger stores are required to have a bathroom for public access. Can understand locking bathrooms...it helps deter people who just want to wreck havoc on the bathroom.

People can be such slobs, I feel bad for those who have to clean the bathrooms up from the slobs who mess them up. These people are just so nasty!

If your Lidl is mapped out like the ones here, bathroom is when you walk in, right near bakery.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I believe smaller stores don't have to allow the public to use their bathrooms, especially if there is a public toilet in close proximity, but larger stores are required to have a bathroom for public access. Can understand locking bathrooms...it helps deter people who just want to wreck havoc on the bathroom.

People can be such slobs, I feel bad for those who have to clean the bathrooms up from the slobs who mess them up. These people are just so nasty!

If your Lidl is mapped out like the ones here, bathroom is when you walk in, right near bakery.
Thanks. I may go back tomorrow. I want to check out the sneakers. I'll look again.

I got half-way through when it hit me that I hadn't seen a restroom, so I finished shopping then circled the store, looking, before checking out. If it's where you said, that area got the least attention from me. I agree about the slobs.

Back to products, I really liked the Chesapeake Bay popcorn. I'll buy it again. The weekly special pumpkin spice popcorn was pretty good, too. It probably won't still be there. When I was there, on a Sunday afternoon, there were places on the shelves that were wiped out, as well as some of the nonfood bins. Right now there are 4 Lidls open, none in Charlotte. The open Lidls are pulling in people who wouldn't normally come for grocery shopping, or any shopping, for that matter.

I was very excited by the bag your own set up. I used to shop at a chain called Pathmark. Those stores had 2 lanes with the subdivided area after the cashier. I always used it if one of those lanes was open. I was sure that I'd never see that setup again.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I may go back tomorrow. I want to check out the sneakers. I'll look again.

I got half-way through when it hit me that I hadn't seen a restroom, so I finished shopping then circled the store, looking, before checking out. If it's where you said, that area got the least attention from me. I agree about the slobs.
There is a glass door and within that glass it says restrooms. There is no other signage but what is on the door, at leat that is how they are here. I can see where it may be easily missed.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
There is a glass door and within that glass it says restrooms. There is no other signage but what is on the door, at leat that is how they are here. I can see where it may be easily missed.
Thanks. I'll let you know if I find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area