Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 10:32 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times

Advertisements

Spartanburg County School District Two is selling 64 acres at the southwest quadrant of Boiling Springs Road and Old Furnace Road in the Boiling Springs community in Spartanburg County, South Carolina, for a possible lifestyle center with retail and residential uses.

Image: Master plan of 63.90-acre side at Boiling Springs Road between Double Springs Road and Old Furnace Road

Of the 64 acres up for development, large scale retail development would cover 22.7 acres, multi-family residential development would cover nine acres, town homes would cover 7.9 acres, assisted living facilities would cover 8.8 acres, and six out-parcels would cover 11 acres.

Several tenants on the property are relocating. Boiling Springs High School - Ninth Grade Campus, 3655 Boiling Springs Road, Boiling Springs, South Carolina 29316-6021, will relocate to the present Boiling Springs High School, 2251 Old Furnace Road, Boiling Springs, South Carolina 29316-5761. Spartanburg County School District Two's Boiling Springs Transportation Office, 3651 Boiling Springs Road, Boiling Springs, South Carolina 29316-6021, and Upstate Family Resource Center, 1850 Old Furnace Road, Boiling Springs, South Carolina 29316-8591, will relocate to Boiling Springs High School's softball field on Blalock Road.

Further reading
Anderson, Trevor. "New lifestyle center planned for 64 acres in Boiling Springs." Upstate Business Journal. 1 August 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 02:58 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Is there expected to be a grocer or other retail developed? Restaurants?

Old 08-02-2017, 07:21 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
It stated in the article Publix, Kohl's. Home Depot. Target. TJMaxx Lidl etc. were on their wish list kinda comparing it to the Dorman Center which is a big box center

Funny though those retailers are what you would find in a big box center and not a lifestyle Center. I thought lifestyle centers by definition were more like malls without a roof with higher end more upscale anchors and mix like Dillard's. Macys, Pottery Barn, Apple, J Crew etc.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I do not know what retail and dining uses could be considered. First, the site has to be sold. Second, the buyer needs a plan on what to do with the site.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
It stated in the article Publix, Kohl's. Home Depot. Target. TJMaxx Lidl etc. were on their wish list kinda comparing it to the Dorman Center which is a big box center

Funny though those retailers are what you would find in a big box center and not a lifestyle Center. I thought lifestyle centers by definition were more like malls without a roof with higher end more upscale anchors and mix like Dillard's. Macys, Pottery Barn, Apple, J Crew etc.
I could see Publix, Kohl's, The Home Depot, T. J. Maxx, and Lidl in the Boiling Springs trade area. I am surprised Publix and The Home Depot are not in the trade area yet.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:46 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I could see Publix, Kohl's, The Home Depot, T. J. Maxx, and Lidl in the Boiling Springs trade area. I am surprised Publix and The Home Depot are not in the trade area yet.

True.
I don't think you would see Publix and Lidl in the same development however. Usually grocers have it stipulated in their lease non compete clauses I would think that they are the sole grocer in a development.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:22 AM

Limited assortment/discount grocers Aldi and Lidl aim for freestanding stores on street corners.

Supermarket Publix continues to acquire retail centers where it operates stores. It could prevent competing businesses from locating in its retail centers.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:12 AM

The Spartanburg School District Two site is reported to be under contract.

Further reading
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area