Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 11:36 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times

Advertisements

I like SportsClub the best. If you want to play tennis and/or racquetball, it is probably the best option in the area.

I'd recommend looking at neighborhoods around Pelham Road. You would be in a more central location than Travelers Rest and close to SportsClub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 01:22 PM

124 posts, read 99,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brioddy View Post
I am a recent transplant from Florida to TR and I love it here. I am actually 20-25 minutes north from town in the mountains and couldn't think of a better place to be. I am also nearly equal distance from Landrum which is beautiful horse country and has a very charming downtown. There is a gym right on Main St in downtown TR but the name eludes me. Paris mountain is nice but unless you have the $50 all park pass it can start adding up as they charge $5 per person to enter. Since I am so close to NC I usually end up going to the green river gamelands in Saluda for a routine hike, it's free and features gorgeous falls.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Where do live exactly, what town or road?

Old 12-05-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I like SportsClub the best. If you want to play tennis and/or racquetball, it is probably the best option in the area.

I'd recommend looking at neighborhoods around Pelham Road. You would be in a more central location than Travelers Rest and close to SportsClub.

Thanks yes, I play both, do you know if they have good yoga classes? I'll check out Pelham Rd.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM

I'm sure they do. They have a lot of fitness classes.

Here is their website: https://www.sportsclubsc.com/

One of their facilities is 8 years old or so....the one in Five Forks. That's the nicest of the 3 facilities but the tennis center is at the one near Pelham Road on Congaree Road. They have clay courts, a few outdoor hard, and two indoor courts.
Here is info about the tennis center: http://www.sportsclubtennis.com

They've held some racquetball tournaments at the Congaree Road location.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:44 PM

Great, yes they do, what an awesome club! All sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to exploring The Waterfall City and area.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:52 PM

132 posts, read 113,556 times
We are planning a move to the Greenville area in August, 2018. We are looking at the Traveler's Rest area so it's good to see so many people recommending it. We've been down to look at the area the last couple years and will be down again in May to check out some rentals. I really love the area and the people have been so friendly.

Traveler's Rest is not set in stone and we are open to other areas, hence why we will rent before we buy or build. We will most likely build unless we can find the right existing home. We don't want a big house (been there, done that). What we need is a place that we can have a multi car garage as my husband is a car collector. Lakefront living would be great as long as it's not too far away. We also need to be in an area for our son to work. He was going to college, but decided that it's not for him after a year and a half. He will be applying for work as a Police Officer.

We are in our early 40's, non religious, and as far as religion & politics goes, we really don't care what others views are as long as their agenda is not pushed on us and we are not judge on our views.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles721 View Post
Great, yes they do, what an awesome club! All sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to exploring The Waterfall City and area.
SportsClub is one of my favorite things about living in Greenville.

Welcome to The Waterfall City. I think you will like it here.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:58 AM

958 posts, read 2,620,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
SportsClub is one of my favorite things about living in Greenville.

Welcome to The Waterfall City. I think you will like it here.
I think this city has Greenville beat for waterfalls. By a longshot.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/why...l-of-the-world

Old 12-12-2017, 12:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe33075 View Post
We are planning a move to the Greenville area in August, 2018. We are looking at the Traveler's Rest area so it's good to see so many people recommending it. We've been down to look at the area the last couple years and will be down again in May to check out some rentals. I really love the area and the people have been so friendly.

Traveler's Rest is not set in stone and we are open to other areas, hence why we will rent before we buy or build. We will most likely build unless we can find the right existing home. We don't want a big house (been there, done that). What we need is a place that we can have a multi car garage as my husband is a car collector. Lakefront living would be great as long as it's not too far away. We also need to be in an area for our son to work. He was going to college, but decided that it's not for him after a year and a half. He will be applying for work as a Police Officer.

We are in our early 40's, non religious, and as far as religion & politics goes, we really don't care what others views are as long as their agenda is not pushed on us and we are not judge on our views.
If you are still considering lakefront living, have you checked out the Lake Robinson area?

Old 12-12-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
I think this city has Greenville beat for waterfalls. By a longshot.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/why...l-of-the-world
Not if you like warm weather.

I think Greenville is only city with mild winters that has a waterfall downtown. There are also numerous waterfalls outside of town.

It is cool with me if people want to use my Waterfall City nickname for other cities with waterfalls. It is not an exclusive nickname.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area