Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2023, 06:30 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times

Advertisements

Anyone have an opening date of the Lowe's Outlet being built in the Verde Village Shopping Plaza (old Stein Mart space)?

The space has been cleared, signs are up, but there is nothing inside yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 06:53 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,013,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Anyone have an opening date of the Lowe's Outlet being built in the Verde Village Shopping Plaza (old Stein Mart space)?

The space has been cleared, signs are up, but there is nothing inside yet.
Never heard of a Lowe's Outlet. I'm assuming it's a scratch and dent type place. I wonder if Lowe's kind of regrets now moving from that nice big store they had at Roper and Verdae to that gridlock mess at GreenRidge.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:02 AM

446 posts, read 415,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Never heard of a Lowe's Outlet. I'm assuming it's a scratch and dent type place. I wonder if Lowe's kind of regrets now moving from that nice big store they had at Roper and Verdae to that gridlock mess at GreenRidge.
Perhaps but it’s a much better location than Home Depot near Target, which is even more of a pain to get to. On any given weekend, Lowe’s is packed and Home Depot is relatively dead. I always wonder how that Home Depot even stays in business at that location.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
There are not many. Here is the closest. https://www.lowes.com/store/GA-Morrow/3570

Old 03-27-2023, 11:44 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
I have been trying to get into the Simpsonville permit site to see what permits have been pulled but even though the site says you don't need an account to search it still keeps requiring one. From what I have seen on a few construction planning sites the outback is still coming.

Additionally I have heard rumors of a Whataburger for the old KFC on Woodruff Road and something is going on with the old KFC building in Mauldin. Its parking lot was packed yesterday afternoon and I saws some people walking around.
I tried today, wont let me in either.

Old 03-28-2023, 06:40 AM

I think it's pretty cool that TIME bicycles, is going to build it's first ever carbon fiber bicycle plant outside of Europe in Landrum. These are very high end racing bikes.

https://shop.timebicycles.com/

A bit ironic, that on their website it says this:

Quote:
We are immensely proud of our European foundations. Our commitment to European manufacturing enables us to focus on producing bikes of unparalleled quality
I guess they will be changing that.

The Upstate is getting a lot of good manufacturing jobs, including Milo’s Tea Company, who will invest $130 million to establish its first South Carolina facility in Moore. The investment is expected to create 103 jobs and includes a new 110,000-square-foot plant at Park 290 at Interstate 26.

While not the Upstate, but still fairly close is the new Scout Motors factory. Scout Motors Inc. announced it will establish its first manufacturing plant outside of Columbia in Blythewood. The company will build all-electric, next generation trucks and SUVs at a Richland County site. Could be good news for those willing to relocate.

Last edited by USNRET04; 03-28-2023 at 06:53 AM..

Old 03-30-2023, 08:57 AM

128 posts, read 76,803 times
Quote:

Like where Jeff Lynch is? I wouldn't have been able to remember on my own, but I guess I do remember that being a Lowes years and years ago.

Old 03-30-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
Like where Jeff Lynch is? I wouldn't have been able to remember on my own, but I guess I do remember that being a Lowes years and years ago.
Where Stein Mart was in Verde Village.

Old 03-30-2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Where Stein Mart was in Verde Village.
He is talking about the building where Jeff Lynch is now. That was originally Lowe's back in the 90's before they moved down to Green Ridge.

Old 03-30-2023, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
Perhaps but it’s a much better location than Home Depot near Target, which is even more of a pain to get to. On any given weekend, Lowe’s is packed and Home Depot is relatively dead. I always wonder how that Home Depot even stays in business at that location.
I guess if you are coming from the Mauldin / Five Forks side of 385 Home Depot is a pain but with the new connector behind Target from the Greenville side I find it much easier to get to now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area