Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 04:02 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I can't trust anyone that uses the term fake news unironically..
The term fake news is fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 06:21 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
The term fake news is fake.
Explain...

Old 04-23-2020, 06:24 AM

292 posts, read 344,652 times
Quote:

Are you saying the study is legit?

A recent study of covid19 patients in NY showed that 90 percent of patients put on a ventilator died. If you think we should not use Hydroxychloriquine because of this so-called VA study, do you think we should stop using ventilators?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alth-DIED.html

Old 04-23-2020, 08:24 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Your comment validates my theory about people who dismiss the malaria drug. I'm not surprised furmanpals dismisses it because of previous comments he has made on a variety of topics. I believe most people who said the travel ban is racist also dismiss the malaria drug as a treatment.

If the medication has no efficacy, why has it been used by physicians in the US and other countries. Why have people who had the virus say it was the cure. You are implying a vast conspiracy theory.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:35 PM

7,259 posts, read 4,629,838 times
Adding another SC DHEC FYI: site now features:
-Hospital Bed Capacity by region and by county of Acute Hospital care(updates daily): https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-di...acity-covid-19
-Recovered numbers, Hospitalization Rate, number of cumulative Positive healthcare workers, & demographics on Positive/Deaths changed to update every Tues/Fri: https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-di...-data-covid-19

Old 04-23-2020, 05:11 PM

601 posts, read 458,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Your comment validates my theory about people who dismiss the malaria drug. I'm not surprised furmanpals dismisses it because of previous comments he has made on a variety of topics. I believe most people who said the travel ban is racist also dismiss the malaria drug as a treatment.

If the medication has no efficacy, why has it been used by physicians in the US and other countries. Why have people who had the virus say it was the cure. You are implying a vast conspiracy theory.
Either left or right, politicizing medical treatments is absolutely nuts. Let the growing accumulation of scientific evidence lead the way on treatments, whatever that way is.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:20 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post

I don't dismiss the message, I dismiss the messenger. You're assuming a lot about me haha

Old 04-23-2020, 06:23 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
Are you saying the study is legit?

A recent study of covid19 patients in NY showed that 90 percent of patients put on a ventilator died. If you think we should not use Hydroxychloriquine because of this so-called VA study, do you think we should stop using ventilators?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alth-DIED.html
I didn't say that. People who use witchhunt and fake news in their normal conversations tell me exactly what I need to know about them. He's not a professional so how can I trust his "professional" opinion. It's your choice to trust him or not. Personally, I don't think Daily Mail is a reliable news source either.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:12 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
I don't dismiss the message, I dismiss the messenger. You're assuming a lot about me haha
You have yet to provide any evidence that the French scientist was wrong in his criticism of the other study. You are talking about an expression instead.

You are saying that I am getting you wrong which is a similar sentiment as saying 'that's fake news'.

You are saying you think Daily Mail is unreliable which is a similar sentiment as saying it is fake news. I assume you don't consider yourself untrustworthy despite these comments.

I don't understand why you would dismiss the messenger if you don't dismiss the message.

If somebody called you a witch and you are not a witch and you say that person is engaged in a witchhunt, are you untrustworthy or accurate.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 04-23-2020 at 10:45 PM..

Old 04-24-2020, 04:10 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,466 times
Trump went on a dangerous rant yesterday about injecting disinfectants. Lysol had to respond will a statement to not do that. The man is a nut. Did you see Dr. Birx racial reaction to his comments? Probably the moment it finally hit her that she has sold her soul to the devil. Sadly, some of his minions will be drinking Lysol today and line up at tanning salons for an ingestion of UV rays.

https://twitter.com/daniel_lewis3/st...699969537?s=21

Last edited by furmanpals; 04-24-2020 at 04:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area