Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 04:49 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
You have yet to provide any evidence that the French scientist was wrong in his criticism of the other study. You are talking about an expression instead.

You are saying that I am getting you wrong which is a similar sentiment as saying 'that's fake news'.

You are saying you think Daily Mail is unreliable which is a similar sentiment as saying it is fake news. I assume you don't consider yourself untrustworthy despite these comments.

I don't understand why you would dismiss the messenger if you don't dismiss the message.

If somebody called you a witch and you are not a witch and you say that person is engaged in a witchhunt, are you untrustworthy or accurate.
I'm good. Thank you though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 02:34 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
We heard similar assertions after he first mentioned hydroxycloriquine that people would consume aquarium cleaner.

The only example that I have heard about of this is a Democrat woman and her husband. The woman didn't like Trump and said he was anti-science but she said she consumed aquarium cleaner because of him. Figure that one out. The hydroxycloriquine cocktail being used to treat the virus and aquarium cleaner are not the same thing. Aquarium cleaner has never been mentioned in the taskforce briefings.

Her husband died from it but she didn't so some people think she poisoned him and is trying to blame the scandalous DJT for it because they had marital issues. She was trying to kill two birds with one stone so to speak allegedly.

His comments yesterday were not telling people to consume Lysol or other disinfectants. The group of people who have that strange interpretation are not the horrible very rotten 'minions' you say will consume Lysol. Lysol responded because of people like you with that strange interpretation.

It sounds like you are projecting your beliefs onto Dr. B. I don't think anybody is forcing her to attend these briefings.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 04-24-2020 at 03:33 PM..

Old 04-25-2020, 03:51 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,040 times
Clarification on what Trump said.
https://twitter.com/digg/status/1253...281830401?s=21

Old 04-25-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
We heard similar assertions after he first mentioned hydroxycloriquine that people would consume aquarium cleaner.

The only example that I have heard about of this is a Democrat woman and her husband. The woman didn't like Trump and said he was anti-science but she said she consumed aquarium cleaner because of him. Figure that one out. The hydroxycloriquine cocktail being used to treat the virus and aquarium cleaner are not the same thing. Aquarium cleaner has never been mentioned in the taskforce briefings.

Her husband died from it but she didn't so some people think she poisoned him and is trying to blame the scandalous DJT for it because they had marital issues. She was trying to kill two birds with one stone so to speak allegedly.

His comments yesterday were not telling people to consume Lysol or other disinfectants. The group of people who have that strange interpretation are not the horrible very rotten 'minions' you say will consume Lysol. Lysol responded because of people like you with that strange interpretation.

It sounds like you are projecting your beliefs onto Dr. B. I don't think anybody is forcing her to attend these briefings.
It's a tough job to keep up with the spin for him. Oscillates between he said that but he didn't mean it, he meant it but others mean worse or he didn't say that and people are lying about it.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
It's a tough job to keep up with the spin for him. Oscillates between he said that but he didn't mean it, he meant it but others mean worse or he didn't say that and people are lying about it.
It isn't hard to keep up with your spin. It is in a very consistent direction and includes implausible claims such as he told people to consume Lysol. I can see why you have a problem with the expression 'fake news'.

You criticized the French scientist who says hydroxycloriquine drug works but you have yet to give a scientific reason to distrust his criticism of the studies saying it didn't work.

I don't think the French infectious disease scientist is in cahoots with the guy in the US you don't like along with numerous physicians, scientists, politicians and patients around the world who say the drug has been effective. One of the Corona virus survivors who took the hydroxycloriquene cocktail and touts its efficacy is a Democrat politician in Detroit.

I saw Chris Cuomo's wife treats her coronavirus with Clorox baths. I assume you are gonna blame that strange decision on somebody other than her.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 04-25-2020 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-25-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
It isn't hard to keep up with your spin. It is in a very consistent direction and includes implausible claims such as he told people to consume Lysol.

You criticized the French scientist who says hydroxycloriquine drug works but you have yet to give a scientific reason to distrust his criticism of the studies saying it didn't work.
And I don't have to! I'm not spinning the French doctor. He has a bias so I have a hard time believing what he says. When his research is peer reviewed and published, then I will take it more seriously. Him injecting politics into a non-political research topics turns me off.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:29 AM

The expression 'fake news' isn't political.....you are the one politicizing it. He was responding to a person who was basically accusing him of having blood on his hands because of his studies showing the efficacy of the drug cocktail for covid19.

It doesn't matter what you think about the medication, it is being prescribed around the world. Nobody has to go to you and liked minded people to get this medication.

Nobody is forced to take it.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
The expression 'fake news' isn't political.....you are the one politicizing it. He was responding to a person who was basically accusing him of having blood on his hands because of his studies showing the efficacy of the drug cocktail for covid19.

It doesn't matter what you think about the medication, it is being prescribed around the world. Nobody has to go to you and liked minded people to get this medication.

Nobody is forced to take it.
Them why does it matter what I think? You don't need to keep responding lol. Fake news + witchhunt = Trump biases person. I'm just saying he may have more support if he didn't parrot a liar :shrug:

Old 04-25-2020, 07:57 AM

He doesn't live in the US and the person you hate doesn't have a patent on the expression 'fake news'. I don't think he coined the expression.

Trying to associate him with the scandalous DJT is evidence you make everything about him including a medication being prescribed around the world to treat a virus. I was pointing that out.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
He doesn't live in the US and the person you hate doesn't have a patent on the expression 'fake news'. I don't think he coined the expression.

Trying to associate him with the scandalous DJT is evidence you make everything about him including a medication being prescribed around the world to treat a virus. I was pointing that out.
Thank you for pointing that out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area