Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 07:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,948 times

Advertisements

thanks everyone for the guidance. I will check it out in the next couple of months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2023, 08:22 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 8 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
This post is spot on. We're full in TR, with more white siding/black shutter condo-houses being built every day. In 5 years the traffic will be unbearable. For a good laugh, visit realtor.com and look at the map view. Pickens gets you 30 minute closer to the mountains even compared to Easley.
There are not many restaurants and shops out that way yet. Most of the restaurants seem to be pizza and fast food.

TR is an enigma because it often the first suburb recommended but it is the most rural one.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:32 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMan45 View Post
There are not many restaurants and shops out that way yet. Most of the restaurants seem to be pizza and fast food.

TR is an enigma because it often the first suburb recommended but it is the most rural one.
What are you talking about? There are plenty of good quality restaurants in the TR/Furman U area.

Old 07-13-2023, 06:37 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
What are you talking about? There are plenty of good quality restaurants in the TR/Furman U area.
Yes and a good selection of shopping not that far away in the Cherrydale area.

Old 07-14-2023, 04:49 AM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
Sidewall Pizza Five Forks last day is July 15.

Old 07-14-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I can't see most people agreeing with that, especially people who relocate from big cities.

I don't have a problem with it. It does seem like it would be as populated as a suburb like Mt Pleasant in Charleston given how much I've heard about about it fo 25 years.

Cherrydale doesn't seem like a big shopping center or part of Travelers Rest.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I can't see most people agreeing with that, especially people who relocate from big cities.

I don't have a problem with it. It does seem like it would be as populated as a suburb like Mt Pleasant in Charleston given how much I've heard about about it fo 25 years.

Better than Mt. Pleasant IMO. You can actually see mountains and thank goodness its not overrun with population quite yet.
I live near Furman a short distance between the two. I go to both areas frequently. Have you been in the downtown TR area and not just the highway (25)? There is more than fast food and the Cherrydale area is growing has more than just that one shopping center. There are new big box stores across the street and a Lowes and Home Depot nearby. Plenty of what I need without always having to track to Woodruff Rd all the time. Guess you have to live in the area to understand.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:05 AM

I like Travelers Rest better than Mount Pleasant too

Travelers Rest has a cool local outdoors store, Sunrift.

I would say it has as good in town mountain views than any town in NC, especially from the Walmart parking lot.

I never said it is only fast food. If you eat out or shop often, it's not the best location in the metro. I can't see shoppers from suburban areas in Charlotte, Raleigh, etc being happy with Cherrydale. Some of them are not happy with Haywood Mall. Shoppers tend to live closer to Woodruff, like the Verdae neighborhood.

The Travelers Rest downtown isn't a traditional looking small downtown. I rode thru there for years without realizing it. That's probably a problem for people who put priority on downtowns.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 07-14-2023 at 09:25 AM..

Old 07-15-2023, 09:55 AM

I just look at TR, Furman and Cherrydale as all one area since I am central to them all.

Old 07-15-2023, 01:05 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:

I pray it never gets like Mt. Pleasant. That area is awful with congestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area