Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 04:44 AM

44 posts, read 41,505 times

Advertisements

Hi there! We just moved to TR---well Greenville is technically our address but TR is so close. We love love love the area. I don't ever get the impression that "TR is full." Weekends will see an increase in traffic but still it doesn't seem like a big problem. It's amazing to be able to hop on to the Swamp Rabbit Trail OR head into multiple state parks for hiking within an hours drive. Feel free to PM me. We love that TR has a lot of restaurants on the main street but if you want chain stores or restaurants those are easily accessible on the outer limits. Smart of city planners to plan it that way----it keeps main street looking nice and uncluttered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2023, 02:00 PM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 9 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
One of the best reasons to live in TR for me would be the proximity of Furman University. I enjoy walking around the little campus lake with the bell tower with Paris Mountain in the background, especially in the fall.

Several publications have tagged Furman's campus as one of the most beautiful in the country and world.

Here is a video of the Furman lake on Youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEjlOzTiSY4

Last edited by LakeMan45; 07-22-2023 at 02:18 PM..

Old 01-08-2024, 10:28 AM

14 posts, read 10,656 times
Default We fled Mount Pleasant, looking for a place Upstate to call Home..

Moved to Mt Pleasant from Burbank, CA at the end of 2022.. we lasted one year. Houses smashed on top of each other, traffic like you wouldn't believe, and sky high pricing. Other than gas and housing, everything in MtP was more expensive than Burbank!

Now we are hunkered down in Keowee Key over in Salem looking for our "final home" - want to be within 1 hr of Pendleton where our daughter and granddaughter are, close to a golf couse where we can play every day if we want, located in a nice SF home community where neighbors still invite friends over for dinner and there is a nice quaint downtown where we can stroll on a Sat but close enough to trails where we can walk.. Any suggesteions would be appreciated

Old 01-08-2024, 01:05 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster60 View Post
Moved to Mt Pleasant from Burbank, CA at the end of 2022.. we lasted one year. Houses smashed on top of each other, traffic like you wouldn't believe, and sky high pricing. Other than gas and housing, everything in MtP was more expensive than Burbank!

Now we are hunkered down in Keowee Key over in Salem looking for our "final home" - want to be within 1 hr of Pendleton where our daughter and granddaughter are, close to a golf couse where we can play every day if we want, located in a nice SF home community where neighbors still invite friends over for dinner and there is a nice quaint downtown where we can stroll on a Sat but close enough to trails where we can walk.. Any suggesteions would be appreciated
Price range?

I will offer some unsolicited advice regarding ‘neighbors who still invite friends over’ . . . You must be the initiator, at least in the beginning. You must remember, you are moving into their territory where they have (many times long-term) established friendships.

One thing I did when we first moved in was invite the handful of neighbors I had met over for a wine and dessert party. I asked each of those neighbors to bring another one or two neighbors along. It really helped me get to know people. I did it with just ladies but couples would certainly work.

Few people turn down free wine and chocolate . . . And as I recall, I spent about $125-130 total. Wine, paper plates, plastic cups. Easy, cheap and only last about 2 hours.

And, whatever you do . . . Don’t ever say anything was better in California or wherever.

Best of luck.

Last edited by LynchburgLover; 01-08-2024 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-10-2024, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster60 View Post

Did you rule out Clemson, Pendleton, Seneca and Walhalla? Clemson has miles of trails in their research forests

Old 01-10-2024, 08:43 AM

It's ok to say you liked something better in California. I like the California coast better than SC coast.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:55 AM

In my view, Greenville is really the only downtown in the western part of SC that is conducive to strolling with Falls Park being in the middle of the business district. There's an ice cream place right next to Falls Park called Spill The Beans.

You can walk along the river in one direction to Unity Park and another direction to the zoo in Cleveland Park. Walking on Main Street is pleasant as well because of the wide sidewalks and the hardwood trees.

You could live between Pendleton and downtown Greenville in the Easley / Powdersville area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area