Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:41 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2GP View Post
If you make it to the Beacon, make sure you order your sandwich-a-plenty. Then go to the ice cream bar and get a pigs dinner bananna split for dessert(it will feed a family).

Christopher, of the clocks I have been to, Moonville is the best IMO.
Yup I will agree with you on that one I think they have one in Fountain Inn as well. But only been to that one once..

Old 06-14-2008, 05:19 AM

745 posts, read 2,232,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2GP View Post
If you make it to the Beacon, make sure you order your sandwich-a-plenty. Then go to the ice cream bar and get a pigs dinner bananna split for dessert(it will feed a family).

Christopher, of the clocks I have been to, Moonville is the best IMO.
You'd better bring a couple friends with you (to the Beacon) if you're going to eat all that! DW got a plain burger, and I got mine a-plenty, and we hardly made a dent in it. Not exactly haute cuisine, but good diner chow, and lots of it!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 AM

617 posts, read 2,572,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
Ohh, I could kick myself for forgetting Tanner's Big Orange! I didn't know they moved, though. Where did they go?
Tanner's is on Pleasantburg between McAllister Square and G'ville Tech!

Anyways...I go to the Clock at Wade Hampton/Pleasantburg every now and then and also Petee's downtown (I think it's on Pendleton?). They're both within a couple minutes of my house. There used to be that Clock on Stone (or Laurens, not sure where it changes) too and about a year ago I heard it was going to open again. Anybody else here about that?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:32 AM

85 posts, read 432,523 times
Somebody said Tanner's moved from Pleasantburg b/w the Square and Tech. It's always been on 291 ever since I can remember, and it was there last time I was home 2 years ago. If it moved, it had to be fairly recently.

The restaurant on Pendleton St. is Pete's, not Petee's. The Petee's I used to go to the most is on White Horse Rd. near where it intersects with Grove Rd/Piedmont Hwy. I forgot about the one on Wade Hampton...

Stone Ave turns into Laurens Rd when it crosses E. North St. I didn't know that one had closed, but I'm glad to know it's supposed to open again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
Tanner's is on Pleasantburg between McAllister Square and G'ville Tech!

Anyways...I go to the Clock at Wade Hampton/Pleasantburg every now and then and also Petee's downtown (I think it's on Pendleton?). They're both within a couple minutes of my house. There used to be that Clock on Stone (or Laurens, not sure where it changes) too and about a year ago I heard it was going to open again. Anybody else here about that?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:55 AM

642 posts, read 2,088,570 times
If im not mistaken and im sure I prob am lol The clock that shut down on stone Ave was one of the first clocks ever here or one of the first clocks. But I think I rem seeing this on the news a long time back when they were closeing down.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:00 PM

69 posts, read 275,093 times
Those places are either really good, or really bad. Some of the really good ones are Pete's on 29 in Greer (or is is Lyman?), the Big Clock of Berea, Lil' Rebel on 290 in Greer, A&P on 14 in Greer. I also like Twin Palmetto in Greer, but it's older. I've eaten there since I was about 14. The Beacon is good as well, sort of legendary. I've seen them on the Food Network.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:10 AM

617 posts, read 2,572,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjp View Post
Those places are either really good, or really bad.
They all taste the same to me! And that's not a bad thing, I've always liked it...just saying that I know I can go into any of those places and get something good.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:11 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
had my first experience at a "meat and three" last weekend, the food was awesome!(and cheap) The Meeting Place in Anderson, I highly recommend it if you want to try authentic southern home cookin!

Old 06-15-2008, 09:36 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
had my first experience at a "meat and three" last weekend, the food was awesome!(and cheap) The Meeting Place in Anderson, I highly recommend it if you want to try authentic southern home cookin!
Try Mama Penns in Anderson.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:50 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Ahhh...typical grease-spoon places. Let's all go eat fried this and fried that so we can get fat and die of a heart attack. Thanks but no thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area