Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,684,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
Which is why I said that there were definitely Asians.

Instead of painting a rosy picture to get people here, I tell what I've seen. Plus, I've been in Greenville longer than some of the newcomers saying they've not seen any racism.

I don't remember saying in that first post that their kids would be ostracized and called slurs everyday. I said they might get teased a little but they'd probably do fine. My guess is that you're not in school right now and I am so no offense but I might be able to tell them a little better.
Where do you go to school, Hillybilly High? lol Greenville has a ton of foreigners due to BMW, Michillein, etc. There's always going to be teasing, but overt racism? Don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 PM

835 posts, read 2,296,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Where do you go to school, Hillybilly High? lol Greenville has a ton of foreigners due to BMW, Michillein, etc. There's always going to be teasing, but overt racism? Don't think so.
Hillbilly High? Thank you for completely proving the point of everything I've said on this forum and being a bad representative of transplants. I'm not a hillbilly but you're basically calling me one.

I think the teasing I was talking about was more social irresponsibility with comments and less racial slurs, etc.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,253,504 times
Original poster, please don't pay attention to some of this stuff. There are a few people that want Greenville to stagnate, but its already too late for that so they should give it up. Plan a visit to our beautiful area.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Original poster, please don't pay attention to some of this stuff. There are a few people that want Greenville to stagnate, but its already too late for that so they should give it up. Plan a visit to our beautiful area.
Since when did I say I wanted racism? I just gave them the facts.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:22 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,253,504 times
guest, what are you talking about? I never said anything about you and racism. I will agree you're just calling it like you see it. But get out more ok.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
guest, what are you talking about? I never said anything about you and racism. I will agree you're just calling it like you see it. But get out more ok.
Okay I guess I misunderstood you.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:14 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,758,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepcat77 View Post
My wife, daughter, and I are considering a move to Greenville from California. Though I think we would really enjoy the area, I am concerned that my children will have a tough time fitting in because of their race. (I'm asian and my wife is white). Also, we are planning on adopting children from Africa in the near future.

Is this something that I should be worried about? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
NO there is something you should pray about..........think of Peter , he prayed un till he was he was in a trance . the Bible records. he was Gentile phobic, but He prayed until God made it clear. If Peter never prayed , World History would not have been the same. Oh I know God CAN use any thing to Get His point across ...LIKE WHEN IT SNOWED AT THE GLOBAL WARMING CONFERENCE IN LONDON........

Old 12-26-2008, 06:43 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,758,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
oh yeah, some people think being called a HILLBILLY is like being called trash.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:26 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,944,825 times
Quote:
My kids are mixed and have never been teased. Why do people think were so backwoods when were actually very progressive? Why do some posters(you know who you are) keep supporting that thought. Cut it out. Please!
Ummmmm........... I'm sure not backwoods, but I'm also not progressive/liberal thank you very much.

All kids get teased for one thing or another, doesn't really make a difference what their race is. The kids who do the teasing are just as likely to have 'progressive' parents as they are to have backwoods or conservative parents in my experience.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:16 AM

470 posts, read 593,229 times
Don't worry!!! They'll (you'll) be fine. Kids are kids and they tease. They tease in New York, they tease California, they tease Florida, and they tease in Alaska. They tease if you wear braces, they tease if you wear glasses, they tease if your fat, they tease if your skinny, they tease if your tall, they tease if your short...
Will they be ostracized....No. So with that said I'll agree with Guest (if just this one time)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area